Forums > Game Forums > European Air War > Behind the Scenes: Cool Cam

Shoddyan (15002) on 8/17/2007 2:34 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Because of my often inconsistent interest in programming, I sometimes end up reading WorseThanFailure.com, a site dealing with technology faux pas: sometimes the fault of contractors, sometimes the fault of developers, sometimes the fault of clients, sometimes the fault of god and sometimes just plain faults in logic. Without going into more detail, the site is an interesting gallery of humor-through-error that shows up in the computer world.

So imagine my surprise when today I visited the site and WTF's feature was about European Air War. Certainly I could summarize the article here, but that would spoil the fun. Suffice to say that the story if true (and bear in mind WTF's site often changes names to protect the guilty & innocent alike), is an interesting look at the behind-the-scenes development of a game and the politics of marketing within one's own company.

Enjoy!

Edit: The same story, almost word for word showed up over 2 years ago on Gamecoder a site which seems to be a blog maintained by Brand Gamblin, author of the WTF posting.