DescriptionAs in FlatOut your goal is to drive as reckless as you can and still win the race. But contrary to its predecessor, FlatOut 2 is now a complete arcade-racing game.
The core of the game is the career mode which features 3 different racing-classes: Derby, Race and Street. Every class is also divided into 3 levels. You begin your career in the derby class level 1. Here you drive old, wrecked cars straight from the dump. As you progress to the race class and finally to the street class you can buy better and faster cars which you can then also tune to your needs, like installing a new engine.
Inside the classes you find different kinds of events: from normal races over Destruction Derbies to stunt events. All of the events feature a fully destructible environment. This is not only eye-candy but is also required to fill up your nitro and handicap your enemies.
If you get bored of that, you can play one of the 12 mini-games. Like in FlatOut your goal here is to do all kinds of crazy stuff with your driver. You can use him as a football, throw him through burning rings and more. These mini-games can also be played with up to 8 players on one PC in a hot-seat mode.
- "FlatOut 2 GTR" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- FlatOut series
- Gameplay feature: Demolition derby
- Gameplay feature: Freely destructible terrain
- Middleware: Umbra 3
|An all round fun car-wrecker!||SifouNaS (1326)|
|Symphony of Destruction||BogdanM (1197)|
|Imperium Gier||Sep 05, 2007||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Gameguru Mania||Sep 10, 2006||88 out of 100||88|
|Playfuls||Aug 10, 2006||8.6 out of 10||86|
|PC Action||Aug 13, 2006||86 out of 100||86|
|IGN||Aug 03, 2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|GamingExcellence||Aug 26, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|UOL Jogos||Jul 31, 2006||80|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Jul 21, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|ActionTrip||Aug 11, 2006||77 out of 100||77|
|GameSpot||Aug 11, 2006||7.4 out of 10||74|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|FlatOut 2 Mods||2||Pseudo_Intellectual (61779)
Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011
German versionIn the German version all drivers were replaced with crash dummies.
Related Web Sites
- FlatOut 2 (Official game website)
- FlatOut 2: A Smash ’em Up Race to the Finish (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of FlatOut 2 (October, 2008).)
- Flatout Joint (Online Community & Information Center for the racers & Modders of Flatout 2.)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: FlatOut 2 (Information about FlatOut 2 at Wikipedia)