Written by  :  piltdown_man (166033)
Written on  :  Jul 17, 2019
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Pretty and easy

The Good

This is a relatively simple implementation of MineSweeper, the toughest grid is just 14 x 14. The artwork is good but not suitable for work, well I might have gotten away with it in the sixties but that's a long time ago. The music is pleasant too and the game mechanics work really well. All in all a well presented product.

The Bad

There's nothing to dislike about the game, it kept me happily occupied for around an hour.

The Bottom Line

So I've paid pennies for a game that I completed in an hour. It has pretty pictures and pleasing music. I'm pleased that I gave it a go, however now that all the pictures are unlocked there's a sense of completeness - it's finished so it's OK to delete it and that's what I plan to do even though the puzzles can be replayed and replayed.

The basic game has been around for decades and it used to be free with Windows (probably still is if I do a bit of digging). Though this game is pleasant it's no match for the challenge of the old, free, Windows game which I'd kind of forgotten about. So I'm going to uninstall this pretty game and get back to the basic, grey Windows game which will give me a tougher game and is suitable for work.