DescriptionAs the fourth installment of the series, Heroes of Might and Magic IV brings many new features to the game while retaining the old interface design and gameplay.
The game still is about exploring huge maps with your heroes and armies, collecting treasures, building up cities, fighting monsters and defeating your foes. There are six new and large campaigns and 24 single scenarios to play. 48 new hero classes and many new skills have been created so the game is even heavier on the strategic side as before. You now can lead multiple heroes to battle as well as separate troops from heroes (so you may move troops alone to another hero).
The new battle screen has now isometric view instead of side perspective. And now your heroes may fight side by side with your soldiers and be used for real battle, not only magic.
- "魔法门之英雄无敌4" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "魔法門英雄無敵四 (主程式 )" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Герои Меча и Магии IV" -- Russian spelling
- "HOMM4" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
|The best of all HoMM...||Pirou Julien (2853)|
|Worst Heroes of Might and Magic game||Alex Z (1369)|
|An ambitious attempt to enhance the HMM predecessors, a treat for HMM fans!||Indra is stressed (20005)|
|Much better than HMM 5!||Spag (70)|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Apr 05, 2002||100|
|Joystick (French)||Jun, 2002||93 out of 100||93|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Apr, 2002||91 out of 100||91|
|Gamesmania.de||May 14, 2002||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Gamer Brasil||Oct, 2002||88 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||May, 2002||86 out of 100||86|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Apr 26, 2002||17 out of 20||85|
|GameSpy||Apr 10, 2002||80|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||May 26, 2002||6 out of 10||60|
|videogamer.com||Dec 14, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Coaster of the Year (together with Might and Magic IX)
Related Web Sites
- Celestial Heavens (Tons of informations and dozens of additional maps & campaigns)
- Heroes of Might and Magic IV Resource Center (Everything you need to know about Heroes of Might and Magic IV.)
- New Heroes for a New World (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Heroes of Might and Magic IV, with commentary being provided by Brand Manager Chaz Fitzhugh (November, 2002).)
- Official site for Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Official site.)
- Torre de Marfil (Spanish fansite of the saga)