🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Kingdom: The Far Reaches > Different versions

eXo (346) on 6/22/2018 7:58 PM · Permalink · Report

Ok, I'm a bit confused here. This entry for Kingdom's also contains it's later Windows remake which controls different, has different presentation, new difficulty settings, etc compared to it's DOS release. Meanwhile, the old Thayer's Quest is merged in as well, when it was a very simplistic U/D/L/R/Action game.

But over in the world of Frankenstein http://www.mobygames.com/game/frankenstein__ we have three separate entries for the various releases due to very small differences such as what you pick up.

It should be one ideology or the other. Either every game that has a little difference gets its own entry, or all games of the same name share a single entry with notes on what differentiates them. Personally, the latter makes a lot more sense to me. If someone is looking for information on Frankenstein, they should have to go to three different pages. It is misleading and messy.

Now, I get people become married to their old ways and suggestions that threaten change aren't usually well received. But here I'm not even asking for change, just consistency.