Forums > Game Forums > Kreed > Fixes for a couple of game issues

xroox (3895) on 7/23/2007 11:30 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I just started playing this game. It's rather addictive. However, I encountered a couple of minor problems, hence this...

--- Kreed FAQ ---

Q. My damn mouse is sluggish!

A. Edit the config.ini file in your main Kreed folder.
Find the line that reads 'cl_mouse_sensitivity' and change the value after it.
A good setting that works for me is:
cl_mouse_sensitivity 2.3

Q. The damn game locks up on me when I try to quit! What can I do?

A. Hit the tilde (~) key in-game to bring up the console.
Then type 'exit' (without quote marks) to return to the desktop.
Note: You may have to hit enter a couple of times after this. Also, exiting is much quicker if you've just died.

That's it!

tarmo888 (5258) on 7/23/2007 9:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Doesn't this look like contribution to Tips & Tricks page?

If this game's forums gets more posts in years then your tips may get lost her. Should it be for discussions?

xroox (3895) on 7/24/2007 7:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Well... Chances are no-one will really make use of this, as the game is practically unknown... But I thought the forums were the best place for it, on the off-chance someone does come looking for info. I doubt there will be many more forum posts for Kreed.

Virgil (8563) on 7/25/2007 12:05 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I read about this game at the beggining of the 2002. Engine was amazing at a time: all these dynamic shadows from fans, projected on waving shader(or not?)water, rich monster models, some even called it possible Doom(3)-killer. But as far as I undestand final product was awfully boring.

xroox (3895) on 7/25/2007 1:16 AM · Permalink · Report

I played the first few levels. It's pretty fun - A simple shooter, but definitely with an oldskool Doom-like feeling. And they really do have some nice lighting effects.