Not an American user?
DescriptionAs a result of Commander Shepard's affiliation with the Cerberus organisation in the past, he or she is removed from active service by the Alliance military upon returning to Earth. It is at this point that the alien machine race known as the Reapers launch an all-out assault on the planet. The Defense Committee asks Shepard for assistance, and Captain Anderson re-installs him as a member of the Alliance and Commander aboard his old ship, the Normandy. While Anderson stays on Earth, trying to hold its defenses against the overwhelming power of the Reapers, Shepard is sent to the Citadel to convince the galactic council to provide military aid for the struggling planet, and unite the alien races in a battle against the common enemy.
Mass Effect 3 is the third game in the series and forms the final part of the trilogy. As with previous games in the series, gameplay combines tactical, squad- and cover-based third-person combat with role-playing, in the form of different classes, customizable upgrades and dialogue choices. As with the second part of the trilogy, save files from the previous games can be imported with decisions being made in the first two games having an effect on the new situations.
In addition to combat difficulty selection, the player is offered a choice of three modes before starting the game. The "action" mode bypasses conversation choices, displaying them as non-interactive cutscenes; the "story" mode keeps choices intact, but lowers combat difficulty. The "role-playing" mode reflects most closely the gameplay of the two previous games, containing both choices and more challenging combat.
Most of combat-related and character development features have been carried out from the preceding installment. Melee combat plays a somewhat larger role: certain classes possess the ability to execute powerful charged close-combat moves. Weapons can be modified with two enhancements each, gaining more firepower, large magazines, increased accuracy, etc. Like before, abilities and powers can be upgraded when leveling up; each of them now offer two upgrade choices per level, and selecting one of them will lock the other enhancement permanently.
Entirely new to the series is a multiplayer option in the form of the co-op game mode Galaxy at War. It involves up to four players cooperatively taking over enemy strongholds. Players can take part in Galaxy at War as any race in the game's universe.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine3
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
- Gameplay feature: Interior decorating
- Gameplay feature: Loot boxes
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Games made into comics
- Japanese PlayStation 3 games with full English support
- Mass Effect 3 series
- Mass Effect series
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Middleware: Umbra 3
- Middleware: Wwise
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- Setting: City - London
- Setting: City - Vancouver
- Setting: Mars
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
|Watered down Mass Effect 2||Thekwane Black (34)|
|Cheat Happens||Mar 17, 2012||10 out of 10||100|
|RPGFan||Mar 19, 2012||99 out of 100||99|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar 06, 2012||90 out of 100||90|
|Softpedia||Mar 12, 2012||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 09, 2012||18 out of 20||90|
|GameSpot||Mar 06, 2012||9 out of 10||90|
|New Game Network||Mar 19, 2012||86 out of 100||86|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Mar 31, 2012||85 out of 100||85|
|Gamekult||Mar 09, 2012||8 out of 10||80|
|Games Finder||Jun 01, 2014||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- GameStar (Germany) / GamePro (Germany)
- 2012 - Best Role-Playing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #3 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2012 - #5 Best Console Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- PC Games (Germany)
- Issue 01/2013 – Role-Playing Game of the Year 2012 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Mass Effect 3 official site (The official site for Mass Effect 3 (English))
- N7 HQ (Provides Mass Effect 3 multiplayer gameplay data including challenges, characters, inventory, achievements and leaderboards.)
havoc of smeg (22255) added Mass Effect 3 (Windows) on Mar 07, 2012
Credits (803 people)
747 developers, 56 thanks
Lead Character Artists:
Carlos Arancibia, Edward Beek, Carl Boulay, Claire Gary, Tim Golem, Suhas Holla, Bartek Kujbida, Greg Lidstone, Marc‑Antoine Matton