Written by  :  piltdown_man (159279)
Written on  :  May 29, 2019
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Well crafted and well told

The Good

Firstly these are not true games in my opinion, there are some points in each where the player has to select one option or another, such as in Jill Count where they are asked which order the heroine should explorer the hospitals's rooms, but that's not really gameplay. Setting that aside these tales are really well done.
  • The voice acting is very, very good and credible.
  • The artwork throughout is consistent in style and perfectly suited to the story.
  • The story, especially the dialogue, is well written and each story has it's own well defined characters. Jill Count is makes jokes about Star Trek and is constantly chatting to her on-line followers; The central character in The Phantom Icecream Truck is much stronger and darker; Tyrone in the title story is strong yet vulnerably human
  • The sound effects are excellent, they are used where they add to the story and are not thrown in for a cheap thrill
  • I don't remember in-game music but it's there at the menu screen and it's not too loud, not overly dramatic or cheesy - it's just right
  • The Bad

I have no complaints or gripes about this game other than, by my definition, it is an interactive novel and not a game

The Bottom Line

It may not be a game in the way I would describe a game but it is a little gem. Try it but don't rush and click your way through it, savour the workmanship as well as the story.