Planes Attack (Windows)

Written by  :  piltdown_man (159279)
Written on  :  May 26, 2019
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Deceptively simple

The Good

This will be a short review because this is such a simple little game. I got it because it was free and it looked like a good thing to fill five minutes or so, I didn't read about the global leaderboard bit when I 'bought' it.

I was impressed with the simplicity, fluidity and ease of play. The graphics are simple, clear and border on minimalism but they work just fine. The music is very soothing which is just as well because the game is very frustrating.

The lowest score on the leaderboard was something over one hundred and forty when I played the game and the highest is over twenty thousand. I played for forty minutes and only manages twelve. That's what will drag me back to play again, knowing that I should be able to do more.

The Bad

I have to comment on something I didn't like but there isn't anything. The only comment/improvement I could offer about the game is that there's a global leaderboard but, as far as I can tell, there's no locally held scores. Players like me will never trouble the global leaderboard so I would like to have a local one and try and beat my own high scores - pitiful though they may be.

The Bottom Line

This is a 'harmless bit of fun' which I suspect could become a short term addiction