Written by  :  Zabo4 (6)
Written on  :  Sep 06, 2004

read more reviews by Zabo4

Summary

Assembled nicely for an old style.

The Good

The graphics were unique and well made (all clay), extremely good music, new aspects are introduced quite well, very well put together in all. The game makers do get bonus points for being honest about the style's age (a sidescroller of imaginable scrolling), using an "insert coin" style on top of the scrolling for "game over" continuation and 2nd player introduction. The game shows the effort that was made in creating it, fun to play, especially with friends.

The Bad

The gameplay style and the genre are fairly old and common, not much point in playing for new thrills. The modes of control were not as fair for both players, mouse (P1), keyboard (P2). The plot was fairly weak, and there was little to no development of it, luckily that isn't the heart of the game. The game's drawbacks are more technical than anything that actually hurts the enjoyment.

The Bottom Line

The game is a lot of fun especially since it is a multiplayer game but if you are looking for a NEW game then you are way off base this is a nice spin on a classic style. I would encourage people to play the 60 minute demo in order to see if they like it before buying it, it isn't for everyone but people who enjoy creativity and not only bleeding edge, hardware guzzling gurus of games will like this one I'm sure.