Written by  :  Rhaazyk Koch (3)
Written on  :  Apr 10, 2020
Rating  :  4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars

read more reviews by Rhaazyk Koch

Summary

About the original game Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

The Good

If this game plays at all like the original 2001 release, I don't see what anyone is complaining about. It was one of the best D&D games I have ever played and I have played almost all of them. I disagree with one person's recommendation of a warrior in the party. It's better with a paladin that can double as a cleric to help turn the undead and even do a bit of healing. The survivability goes up surprisingly a lot with that combination. A rogue is a must and I recommend a mage. That's the secret combination I found that works best.

The Bad

It was so long I didn't get to finish it and now I can't find anyplace to download it since my new comp doesn't have a disk drive.

The Bottom Line

And awesome action-packed adventure among the ruins of an ancient city of the era when the races lived together and great spells were weaved that has sadly been run down and the magic has become unpredictable. A place where great and ancient treasures can be found...and death for the unwary.