🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Psychonauts > Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Parf (7873) on 5/27/2012 9:32 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes... The final level. The protection part was annoying, but not that hard. But that goddamn acrobatic sequence against your dad is so broken I really considered throwing the controller at things. That never, ever happens to me normally. Not only is there a section that is nearly impossible to get past, but when I finally did and I managed to retry the next section an additional 15 times... The fucking game pushes me back two check points instead of one, so I end up back at the impossible section I've already spent 7 extra lives at!!!!

This game is amazing... Until it seems everyone decided to stop caring and just emptied a trash can into the nearest computer and call it the final level. >:(

Slug Camargo (583) on 5/27/2012 10:47 PM · Permalink · Report

Which version are you playing? Because the Steam one was updated with cloud saving and some other crap a while back, and they supposedly tweaked the difficulty in the Meat Circus. Haven't gotten around to try it myself, though, so I don't know exactly what the changes are.

Also, if you buy that version the proceeds go to Double Fine -they recovered the rights about a year ago-, which is nice too.

chirinea (47495) on 5/27/2012 11:08 PM · Permalink · Report

I've played this newer version and I didn't suffer that much at the last level. I mean, it was hard, but not impossible.

GTramp (81965) on 5/28/2012 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

Beaten the original version quite a while ago, and the final level is quite doable, although frustrating. Just keep pushin' it.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 5/28/2012 2:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I beat the original version's level without cheating within one day, and I suck in platform games. Just relax and keep trying.

The problem there is the sudden increase in difficulty. We are simply not prepared for challenge after having played the very easy 95% of the game. Objectively, it's not that hard, it's just too sudden. Brace yourself, remember those NES games and you can do it :)

Slug Camargo (583) on 5/28/2012 3:35 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn Lynx wrote--]I beat the original version's level without cheating within one day, and I suck in platform games. Just relax and keep trying.

The problem there is the sudden increase in difficulty. We are simply not prepared for challenge after having played the very easy 95% of the game. Objectively, it's not that hard, it's just too sudden. Brace yourself, remember those NES games and you can do it :) [/Q --end Unicorn Lynx wrote--] Nicely put. Hey, that same strategy worked for me in my recent lover's spat with Alan Wake, and now we're like BFF again.

Also, Psychonauts' ending is pretty good too, so it's worth to stick with it.

Parf (7873) on 5/31/2012 5:05 PM · Permalink · Report

I did finish it, but I have to say it wasn't the increase in difficulty as much as the game not being built for precision and quick action jumping. And half the time the controls just didn't respond properly. But I loved the game, so I'll pretend that the last level wasn't there. ;)

I played the original Xbox version you can purchase for download in the 360 live market place. So, no nice updates for me unfortunately. :/