DescriptionThe original Myst is revamped for the new millennium, in 3D: dynamic and fully interactive with day and night condition cycles, changing weather, and real-time lighting effects. Unlike in the original version, with its "screen by screen" navigation and pre-rendered images that represented locations, Real Myst allows the player to physically explore the game's world and includes a fully rotatable camera.
The remake also adds a fifth "Age" (a world created by the power of human imagination), called the Rime Age, and a new available ending.
- "realMYST" -- Common title
- "Myst Dimensions" -- First working title
- "Myst3D" -- Second working title
Part of the Following Groups
|A masterpiece of sight, sound and of the brain||Tal Cohen (33)|
|Consider me converted||Unicorn Lynx (181705)|
|The ultimate way to experience Myst.||wildweasel (37)|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Nov 24, 2000||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||Nov, 2000||83 out of 100||83|
|Computer Games Magazine||Nov 03, 2000||80|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Jan 07, 2001||4 out of 5||80|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Jul, 2002||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Dec 01, 2000||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Dec, 2000||65 out of 100||65|
|IGN||Nov 13, 2000||6.5 out of 10||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaMyst co-creator Robyn Miller did not like Real MYST, saying it was an attempt to exploit the brand name and "definitely wasn't how we originally envisioned Myst, as was promoted." [Source: Retro Gamer Magazine, Load 59]
Related Web Sites
- Real Myst (official website)
- realMyst: Mini Guide to Rime (Solution guide for the new age, Rime (archived link).)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Real MYST by Anrew Plotkin, which compares the 3D remake to the original Myst and discusses the overall design in both (July, 2002).)