🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Saints Row IV > Play this game!

Patrick Bregger (301028) on 5/3/2014 6:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I was a bit surprised that we didn't have the best game of 2013 in the database yet. Seriously, this is the best open world action game I have ever played by a wide margin. Just moving around with the speed and gliding superpowers is more fun than the best missions in other games. Every single game design decision regarding superpowers makes this game better than Saints Row: The Third (which was already great).

If you have the tiniest bit of love for the genre, you owe yourself to play it.

Unicorn Lynx (181775) on 5/4/2014 2:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I wanted to try it, but I already felt The Third went overboard with craziness, lack of challenge, and too many trinkets to toy with. Now I hear you are a superman right from the beginning and don't even need to drive. Really not sure...

On related note, Dark Souls II rocks my socks.

Patrick Bregger (301028) on 5/4/2014 6:13 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, I thought this one was a bit more challenging than the Third simply because even the normal aliens have more health. There are also frequent fights against super aliens which also have superpowers. I did not miss driving one minute because just running from point A to B is so much fun in this game.

Lain Crowley (6629) on 5/7/2014 2:50 AM · Permalink · Report

Volition have said their methodology is basically to have each saints row game start as if the player avatar had just been imported from the end of the previous game. They don't do "power resets".

There's plenty of other games, including other Saints Row games, have have cool driving, They are totally cool with you just going back and playing an older game if you want somethign that older game did, unlike, say, CoD, where you're supposed to forget that the previous games every october 10th at midnight.