Forums > Game Forums > SEGA Bass Fishing > same game?

Corn Popper (69027) on 10/8/2008 7:57 PM · Permalink · Report

Not so the Wii version should be added to the DC entry... thoughts?

Sciere (930479) on 10/8/2008 8:01 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Seems like the same game (remade/ported), from some reviews:

IGN: The game displays at only 4:3 aspect ratio and 480i display, and character models, environments, water effects, and fish animations have remained untouched since the game released on DC back in 1998. Even the HUD icons are identical.

Eurogamer: The game is still much as it was on the Dreamcast. Apart from some new locations, this often feels more like emulation than a remake, and the boxy graphics will certainly raise eyebrows amongst those unaware of the game's ancestry. [...] It's a shame that SEGA opted for a simple port rather than properly updating the series.

Corn Popper (69027) on 10/8/2008 9:24 PM · Permalink · Report

ok, so then the description needs an update to it

PolloDiablo (16853) on 10/8/2008 8:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Hmmm, the back cover of the Dreamcast version says "14 types of lures", the back cover of the Wii versions boasts 20...

festershinetop (9572) on 10/8/2008 9:17 PM · Permalink · Report

I got this on the PS2 but its called Sega Bass Fishing Duel its not on the site for ps2 but im not sure if its the same game or not.

St. Martyne (3648) on 10/8/2008 11:13 PM · Permalink · Report

I have this game and played quite a bit of it. And, yeah, I think it should be represented by a single entry for both platforms. The game is practically the same and any new lures don't have any signifficant impact on the gameplay. Even motion detection capabilities of Wii are underused. You can play the game without any swinging or shaking at all.

Foxhack (32100) on 10/12/2008 5:01 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]I have this game and played quite a bit of it. And, yeah, I think it should be represented by a single entry for both platforms. The game is practically the same and any new lures don't have any signifficant impact on the gameplay. Even motion detection capabilities of Wii are underused. You can play the game without any swinging or shaking at all. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--]It's got new lures and it has new motion detection features (even if they're underused).

New entry.

Sciere (930479) on 10/12/2008 5:39 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't all Wii games have motion detection features?

Foxhack (32100) on 10/12/2008 6:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Sciere wrote--]Don't all Wii games have motion detection features? [/Q --end Sciere wrote--]I thought that even a dumb tacked on feature like that was enough for a new entry. :p

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 10/15/2008 5:10 PM · Permalink · Report

I thought that even a dumb tacked on feature like that was enough for a new entry. :p

Only if it comes with an action figure in the box.