Forums > Game Forums > SiN > Blade is black?

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/4/2007 12:25 PM · Permalink · Report

I've been browsing a Black Protagonists game group and was very surprised to find SiN there. I've never ever thought of Blade as of black person. Now I don't know what to think. Due to the nature of my country I don't see very many black people very often here, so pardon me if I'm mistaken.

Here's a screen that can make the matter clear for those who hasn't played the game:

Apart from dreadlocks I can't see what is so black him.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/4/2007 2:35 PM · Permalink · Report

He isn't black. He couldn't even pass for an Afro-American, let alone African. I've seen Chinese darker than that :)

Virgil (8563) on 9/4/2007 2:42 PM · Permalink · Report

Maybe he is suffering from same disease as M. Jackson?

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/4/2007 10:43 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Pictures here...from Sin: Emergence, but same character.

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/4/2007 11:05 PM · Permalink · Report

omg, it's a n****r :D

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/4/2007 11:29 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm sure you mean n-i-c-e-r...:-))

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/4/2007 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

yeah, damn keyboard, typo again

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/5/2007 3:29 AM · Permalink · Report

He better hide before the Resident Evil 5 guy finds him! :O

lasttoblame (414) on 9/5/2007 3:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Dr. Von Katze wrote--]He better hide before the Resident Evil 5 guy finds him! :O [/Q --end Dr. Von Katze wrote--]

Yow! Does anyone else find it unnerving that it's set in Africa? Killing wave after wave of African's without any explanation (as in the trailer for RE5): it must be the colonial 1800's.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/5/2007 10:34 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Yes, I've seen it, but unfortunately I haven't played a game, which would undoubtedly made the matter clearer. But, I think if you look really closely to his face, he still looks like super-tanned white guy, mostly because of his facial features.

He looks like that in the picture on the link you've provided.

Here some more pics:

From first Sin:

Another from Emergence features Blade much closer to the look of black person.

I guess, I will settle on him being black, although it does seem to contradict the first Sin and Wages of Sin. Interesting that the looks of all characters in Emergence were greatly revised. Just take a look at Elexis -- the archenemy of the series. Nearly nothing in common except for one... err.. two things.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/5/2007 11:01 AM · Permalink · Report

You must be referring to her two green eyes? ;-)

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/5/2007 11:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Of course, what else? :)

So, I've been researching an issue of black protagonists in video games a bit more and stumbled upon this microscopiq featured article. Although not mentioned in the main body of the article Sin was added later.

But what really surprised is that there were many people who considered Jade from Beyond Good & Evil black or at least part black.

The game is not featured on Moby as the one having black protagonists, maybe it should be, what do you think?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/5/2007 12:31 PM · Permalink · Report

Jade's black? I always thought of her as a white girl. Not that it matters. Just a bit funny.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/5/2007 12:48 PM · Permalink · Report

Nobody seems to be sure...

Great article, St.Martyne, now if only I can stop browsing through the rest of the magazine I might make it to work on time!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 9/5/2007 5:40 PM · Permalink · Report

there were many people who considered Jade from Beyond Good & Evil black or at least part black.

I didn't consider her "black" but definitely at least "brown", denoting possible black heritage. I immediately saw her more as some vigorous hybrid the likes of which you might find running the streets of Guatemala, Kingston or Bangkok. I recall thinking that her supporting cast was unusually ethnic also... the sum kind of blew my mind. What do you call an ethnic, female protagonist in a video game? A figment of your imagination.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/5/2007 1:36 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

You know, she reminds of another strong independent woman with big green eyes.

lasttoblame (414) on 9/5/2007 3:28 PM · Permalink · Report

I don't recognize her or the game. Who is she? And why is she wearing a necklace that looks like she slashed her own throat before she left for work this morning... ugh.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/5/2007 3:35 PM · Permalink · Report

The second installment of the overrated new Prince of Persia trilogy.

God, those awful, PS2 hair sprites are cutting my eyes off.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/5/2007 4:56 PM · Permalink · Report

The second installment of the overrated new Prince of Persia trilogy.

You're the first person ever who thinks this trilogy is overrated. I've never played those games because despite all the hype I never felt interested. Why do you think they are overrated?

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/5/2007 5:16 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]The second installment of the overrated new Prince of Persia trilogy.

You're the first person ever who thinks this trilogy is overrated. I've never played those games because despite all the hype I never felt interested. Why do you think they are overrated? [/Q --end Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] I would like to know that also.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/5/2007 6:53 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Don't get me wrong. Sands Of Time is an absolute mustplay since it's the only game ever which treated Arabian Nights setting with proper respect and imagination. The feeling of magic and fairy-tale surroundings must be experienced to believe, no matter what kind of genres/platforms/games you usually prefer.

Unfortunately Warrior Within made some very poor artistic decisions that ruined the promising series for good. The fact that it featured a much improved version of combat engine made some people overlook the truth that this game has nothing to do with Middle Eastern 1001 nights setting whatsoever

The beautiful soundtrack of SoT with lots of distinct Arabic influences gave place to monotonous heavy metal boredom. The vibrant colors which were always associated with Persia turned into 2-color dark palette of Resident Evil style of graphics. And finally naked babes of the type you might see at MTV show completely ruled the magic out of the series.

Two Thrones didn't help the matter much. While it had done away with the heavy metal, the style and feel of the game were left untouched. Some people praised characterization of this part. For me, seeing Prince mumbling to himself while climbing a n-th ledge is simply laughable. Especially since the game tried to strive for realism as opposed to the first game more cartoonish, Aladdin feel. And an absolute mishandling of the limited PS2 capabilities hammered a final nail into the franchise coffin.

In the end, gameplay-wise those three games are pretty identical. But only the first one managed to get all the others parts right.

Which means, that while you absolutely must complete Sands of Time, trying the other two games are under "at your own risk only" label.

Zovni (10504) on 9/6/2007 4:01 PM · Permalink · Report

I know what you mean. I think the problem was that lots of people passed on Sands of Time because it felt like a "light" family-friendly title and so the sequel had a heavy case of Xbox-live sensitivities to compensate. The story is way too much of an emo-fest, the gratuitous violence & T&A is... well, I guess that I can live with, although it should be more arabian-nights inspired instead of goth metal, and the inclusion of Godsmack in the Dahaka sequences makes it feel like the minions of nu metal are chasing your goth ass.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/6/2007 5:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Zovni wrote--]I know what you mean. I think the problem was that lots of people passed on Sands of Time because it felt like a "light" family-friendly title and so the sequel had a heavy case of Xbox-live sensitivities to compensate. The story is way too much of an emo-fest, the gratuitous violence & T&A is... well, I guess that I can live with, although it should be more arabian-nights inspired instead of goth metal, and the inclusion of Godsmack in the Dahaka sequences makes it feel like the minions of nu metal are chasing your goth ass. [/Q --end Zovni wrote--] Also, the first enemies instantly reminded me of these guys:

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/6/2007 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Who's that? He looks like a weekly Star Trek alien wannabe.

Mobygamesisreanimated (11069) on 9/6/2007 6:28 PM · Permalink · Report

A villain from "At the Earth's Core" with Doug McClure! Unfortunately you can't hear them talk in the trailer.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/6/2007 10:37 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]Which means, that while you absolutely must complete Sands of Time, trying the other two games are under "at your own risk only" label. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] I don't entirely agree here.

Yes, the storytelling and the general atmosphere take a serious nosedive in the two sequels, especially in that MTV-esque extended nu-metal videoclip of a game that is Warrior Within. However, gameplay-wise the trilogy remains as the best group of games I've played in my entire life. I know, being a 100% pc-player I'm losing a lot of platformers, but I seriously doubt there's anything out there that can even begin to compete with these jewels. And, in this regard, each new chapter gets better and better, presenting little improvements that constantly raise the bar. Like I have rarely seen in the past, every change in the control interface that each chapter of the Prince of Persia series bring is undeniably for the best. When I played Sands of Time I thought there couldn't possibly exist a smoother control interface; and then Warrior Within came out and it blew the first game out of the water. And the story repeated itself with The Two Thrones.

So, in short, if you're in only for the "1001 Nights" atmosphere, then yes, forget about the second and third game. But if you enjoyed the gameplay in Sands of Time you should definitely play the sequels.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/7/2007 9:24 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Which proves that you obviously do agree with me :), because the fluid control scheme is the only reason that actually made complete both Warrior Within and Two Thrones right to the ending credits.

The gameplay is mostly flawless in all three titles, that much is true. Although I am pretty sure that cool gameplay alone will not satisfy (as it didn't in my case) Unicorn, whom I was advising the series to.

I've stressed upon stuff that I presumed would be more interesting to him, given his tastes. That's why I pointed out story, atmosphere and overall stylistic coherency of Sands of Time. And warned him that he won't not find these features in any of the sequels and will be disappointed with the series as a whole (as was I).

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/7/2007 11:40 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, since you recommend Sands of Time as well, I guess I have no choice but to get it. Never heard one single bad word about the game, must be something indeed.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/5/2007 5:19 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start lasttoblame wrote--]I don't recognize her or the game. Who is she? And why is she wearing a necklace that looks like she slashed her own throat before she left for work this morning... ugh. [/Q --end lasttoblame wrote--] You know, I've never noticed that necklace before (I was too busy being draw into her big green eyes... she looks a lot better in the game for some reason). Been playing that game through for many times now. It's interesting how one really does learn and see something new everyday.

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/6/2007 2:11 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Drunken Irishman wrote--]You know, she reminds of another strong independent woman with big green eyes. [/Q --end Drunken Irishman wrote--]

yesh, huge green eyes make every girl look sexy

Chentzilla (227) on 12/12/2007 8:32 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start DJP Mom wrote--]You must be referring to her two green eyes? ;-) [/Q --end DJP Mom wrote--]

Apart from those, there's that pendant and a spot on her upper lip... not to mention the two he actually meant. So, the bottom line is that we have six common features and St. Martyne isn't good at finding them.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/5/2007 1:21 PM · Permalink · Report

But, I think if you look really closely to his face, he still looks like super-tanned white guy, mostly because of his facial features.

I think so too. Looks like a Latin American of mixed heritage more than a "real" black. Maybe he looks like Chirinea, I don't know :/

lasttoblame (414) on 9/5/2007 3:33 PM · Permalink · Report

That guy is totally black. It's his facial features; also black people don't have to have to be dark skinned, the same way white people aren't the same color as a table cloth at Denny's.

But I think more importantly, he HAS to be black because there just aren't enough minorities running around in outer space, killing zombies or jumping over barrels (wait: Is Mario white? Where do Italians fit in on the spectrum?)

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/5/2007 4:55 PM · Permalink · Report

there just aren't enough minorities running around in outer space, killing zombies or jumping over barrels

Absolutely not enough. I'm still waiting for a Jewish game protagonist. But except Larry Laffer, I don't think there was ever one. And Larry didn't even kill zombies or jumped over barrels.

Sciere (930479) on 9/5/2007 5:28 PM · Permalink · Report

The Shivah

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/5/2007 7:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the tip, since I'm also a part-Jew. Maybe even a bit more than Unicorn since I have attended synagogue a couple of times and eat matza with red wine for every Pesakh. :)

So, I gave this one go. The demo was pretty big (30Mb) considering it's size (two screens, only). Music is good. Puzzles' simple. Voiceovers are expectedly poor.

Theme felt very unusual, but I think it would pass if I complete the full game.

Still though, demo didn't convinced me to part with hard earned 5 bucks. Have you played the full version, Sciere? Does it worth it?

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/6/2007 2:58 AM · Permalink · Report

Maybe even a bit more than Unicorn since I have attended synagogue a couple of times and eat matza with red wine for every Pesakh. :)

Hey, I attended synagogues many times... I go to Shanghai Jewish Center here sometimes. Because there's always something to eat after the sermon ;)

I love our holidays, but what can I do, I'm not religious, at least not Judaism-wise. I could never believe that God gave the Jews the ten commandments. He could've easily found a more obedient and disciplined nation for that.

Besides, drowning everybody or wiping out an entire city just because it was gay is not nice.

Unicorn Lynx (181780) on 9/6/2007 2:51 AM · Permalink · Report

I know this one, thanks to you :) But it's a freeware game (at least looks like one), I'm still waiting for something commercial, large-scale... you know, a big world-saving Japanese RPG with a Jewish protagonist or something ;)

lasttoblame (414) on 9/10/2007 12:28 PM · Permalink · Report

Hey, I found a game with an ethnic hero; haven't played it, but it looks like the entire story is set in Mexico and is completely filled with Mexican characters who all speak English (just like Jade Empire and any sci-fi movie you've seen). Looks influenced by Robert Rodriguez and bullet time.

It's called Total Overdose for PS2 and for it's small production values looks cool. And having a company logo screen with Mexican wrestlers in those awesome masks ups the "gotta play this spectacular specimen of car wreck" ante.

Sciere (930479) on 11/3/2007 11:14 PM · Permalink · Report

Did you try Osher Bli Gvulot?

The game's hero is Osher, a 30-yo Israeli guy trying to get elected as Israel's next prime minister. It contains 10 hours of gameplay with 2 hours of original music and voice speech.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 9/5/2007 5:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Is Mario white?

Depends if he's from northern Italy or southern.

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/6/2007 9:12 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]Is Mario white?

Depends if he's from northern Italy or southern. [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]

Oh my, if suddenly ethnic europeans stop being automatically white then the pillars of my earth will be greatly shattered.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 9/6/2007 5:54 PM · Permalink · Report

if suddenly ethnic europeans stop being automatically white then the pillars of my earth will be greatly shattered.

Here's one of Quentin Tarentino's finest moments (with everything that entails) setting forth the thesis informing what other more uppity Europeans have always suspected.

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/6/2007 2:26 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start lasttoblame wrote--]That guy is totally black. It's his facial features; also black people don't have to have to be dark skinned, the same way white people aren't the same color as a table cloth at Denny's. [/Q --end lasttoblame wrote--]

Blade is like Sinbad. Damn, I was so puzzled when i first saw him on TV. Maybe it was because of bad reception.

lasttoblame (414) on 9/7/2007 8:00 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start tarmo888 wrote--]

Blade is like Sinbad. [/Q --end tarmo888 wrote--]

Sinbad is black. It's just that his job is to act white and to glorify white culture by emphasizing the diminution of black culture through entertainment.

Even if you have sunked so low as to become a drug addict, a cheater and liar and occasional Illusion games player, you will never sink as low as Sinbad in "Jingle All the Way". Dude, go back to doing "You know what the difference between white people and black people?" That death hoax on Wikipedia is the best work you've done since "A Different World".

chirinea (47496) on 9/30/2007 7:44 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Prof. Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--]I think so too. Looks like a Latin American of mixed heritage more than a "real" black. Maybe he looks like Chirinea, I don't know :/ [/Q --end Prof. Unicorn B. Lynx wrote--] Hah, and to think you once saw a picture of mine and said I looked more like an American or a German... But yeah, that guy looks mixed, not totally black. But that's something hard to tell in countries like mine, where everyone is mixed. I mean, I'm pretty much white, but I'm also mixed.

Slug Camargo (583) on 9/5/2007 10:36 PM · Permalink · Report

Could someone resize those PoP screenshots? I'd really like to follow this thread (especially now that I presume you're talking about three of my all-time favorite games), but the forum got all fucked up because of their gigantic size and it became a pain in the ass to navigate :T

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/5/2007 10:45 PM · Permalink · Report

It's the middle of the night in Estonia, so I don't know if I'd count on DI for that ...

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/6/2007 9:07 AM · Permalink · Report

Changed those screenshots for a smaller one, Katze. I like that trilogy also.

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/6/2007 2:08 AM · Permalink · Report

at last, there is one page where my big ass screen comes handy, but yeah, those big ones should be smaller and linked to actual screenshots page.

also, check out this news (and they call white people racist)
Black College Football Experience (BCFx)

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/6/2007 5:30 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start tarmo888 wrote--]at last, there is one page where my big ass screen comes handy, but yeah, those big ones should be smaller and linked to actual screenshots page.

also, check out this news (and they call white people racist)
Black College Football Experience (BCFx) [/Q --end tarmo888 wrote--] I don't think it is actually racist - it's football from historically black colleges (Like Howard University, Southern State, etc). Here's the Nerjyzed website.

tarmo888 (5258) on 9/7/2007 5:17 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

this is also up at Destructoid

This is not about Black College.

How often do you get white people claiming that they will make white only game, not much, because it would be racist. White people do it silently without amplifing it.

If somebody makes White College Hockey: The Xperiance, who would like to publish something like this - nobody, and i am glad it's so, too sad it's not so on both sides

Indra was here (20756) on 9/7/2007 9:18 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I'm a racist. Not in the western sense, which is irritatingly over-rated compared to my eastern roots. Minorities culturally should know their place...each person should prove their worth individually. Each individual person then will set in motion opportunities for other person with certain similiarities of that person, may it be by race, gender, religion, political views, etc.

Races that demand equality by demanding and not working for it, should be subject to "natural genocide" (opposite to intended genocide, ie. racial war) ...only because it shows no respect to civilizations/races that have evolved.

I abhore ideas that promote the protection of minorities because: [1] It explicitely identifies them as a lower breed of species incapable of surviving without help [2] As it does not help the weak to become strong, as in human history, stuggle defines human strength [3] It only lets them remain weak...and thus forever a mental slave.

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/8/2007 5:17 AM · Permalink · Report

You know, Andrew Ryan, I'm coming to you. Be prepared to be kicked in a butt to the end of this week!

The Fabulous King (1332) on 9/8/2007 7:39 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--]You know, Andrew Ryan, I'm coming to you. Be prepared to be kicked in a butt to the end of this week! [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--] Andrew Ryan (born December 2, 1978, Dubbo, New South Wales) is an Australian professional rugby league player and currently captains the Canterbury Bulldogs.

What has that poor rugby player from Australia ever done to you?

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/8/2007 10:11 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Drunken Irishman wrote--] What has that poor rugby player from Australia ever done to you? [/Q --end Drunken Irishman wrote--]

Wikipedia has never been a good source for finding those prescribed to extensive buttkicking. :)

What makes you think I wasn't referring to this guy? Or maybe he is not even a real person.

For those still wondering what I am blabbering about, truth is that Indra's post made me recognize him as the villain of the game I am currently playing. True Andrew Ryan.

Richard Kaplan (14) on 9/11/2007 11:49 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]I'm a racist. Not in the western sense, which is irritatingly over-rated compared to my eastern roots. Minorities culturally should know their place...each person should prove their worth individually. Each individual person then will set in motion opportunities for other person with certain similiarities of that person, may it be by race, gender, religion, political views, etc.

Races that demand equality by demanding and not working for it, should be subject to "natural genocide" (opposite to intended genocide, ie. racial war) ...only because it shows no respect to civilizations/races that have evolved.

I abhore ideas that promote the protection of minorities because: [1] It explicitely identifies them as a lower breed of species incapable of surviving without help [2] As it does not help the weak to become strong, as in human history, stuggle defines human strength [3] It only lets them remain weak...and thus forever a mental slave. [/Q --end Indra Depari of the Clan Depari wrote--]

I believe in evolution as well, but your version only works if you consider races starting off on the same equal terms, which is not the case.

Take England. They have less resources in that country, meaning mankind there had to evolve into exploration and finding more advanced means of survival. In Africa, where game and good weather was plentiful, there was no need to branch out. Evolution went down two different paths, but none was better than the other, just what was needed to survive.

Now take today's society. White people are going BACKWARDS in evolution, just take a look white trash (or chavs if you're in England), and look at a black man who works his butt off but can be denied a job due to his skin colour. My wife is half-black, and regularly gets job interviews where all they ask about her is her 'origin'. Are you saying she should accept that 'her place' is to be not allowed jobs she is capable of doing? That's rubbish. She has to work harder than a white person to procure the same results.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/7/2007 9:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Without actually seeing the game it's hard to say, but I believe people are misunderstanding. My interpretation is that Black College Football refers to the athletic program at HBCUs and the game reflects that. It seems to me that the media wants to find racism here; it gives them a chance to stand up and shout and point fingers at the black community and feel good about it. Black college football is not a new thing! Why is it suddenly racist in a game?

Here's an article that gives a little background, and here's a list at Wikipedia.

(Football makes me ill in any color!)

One more edit - in the comments in Destructoid (Mostly a lot of idiots!!!), someone pointed out the semantics of it: it's not BLACK college football, its BLACK-COLLEGE football. And BTW, most historically black colleges are open to everyone nowadays, anyway. I'll wait for the game to come out (well, not really, I hate football. Metaphorically.) before I make up my mind.

Virgil (8563) on 9/7/2007 10:37 PM · Permalink · Report

There's one real white racist game I know - Ethnic Cleansing.But, of course, I'm in no way trying to compare it with true football sim about real black guys, not some white trash from nazi poster.

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/8/2007 12:25 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Virgil wrote--]There's one real white racist game I know - Ethnic Cleansing.But, of course, I'm in no way trying to compare it with true football sim about real black guys, not some white trash from nazi poster. [/Q --end Virgil wrote--] Hey, I've seen your rap sheet you Oui fangirl ;-) You've pretty much got all the bases covered!

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/8/2007 6:37 AM · Permalink · Report

The guy at the Destructoid has the point. This is not about racism it's just stupid. Another one of MTV/RAP culture spawned bastard. Full of tits, tatoo customizations and mainstream rap singers.

I don't think any of the intelligent black gamers would like to play this game.

As for racism, blacks do play basketball thousands times better then whites. So the idea of black college championship is great, but not in this state.

Ace of Sevens (4479) on 9/8/2007 6:00 PM · Permalink · Report

There are some major cultural differences between HBCU football and other colleges. have you ever seen Drumline? The battle of the bands idea is what has me itnerested in this.

Richard Kaplan (14) on 9/11/2007 11:39 PM · Permalink · Report

I always thought Blade looked llike he had Jamaican/Caribbean or possibly South American heritage, like Brazillian. Brazillian's have a wide range of skin colours.

What I loved though, was that the game never actually specified what his heritage was! I thought that was fantastic. Because when there's a guy whose clearly white or clearly black, no one cares about his heritage. Yet here they have a character whose look has no clear indication, and they don't tell us! It's great. Feels more personal and realistic that way.

chirinea (47496) on 9/30/2007 7:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Richard Kaplan wrote--]Brazillian's have a wide range of skin colours. [/Q --end Richard Kaplan wrote--] You should tell that to game designers back in the 90's...

Martin Smith (81664) on 12/8/2007 5:51 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

That's nothing compared to licensed games based on John Barnes and Brian Lara (both black athletes) which only featured white players.

West Indians are a similar mixture to African-Americans - many have some white/native/other ancestry. Look at Colin Powell and tell me that he's ethnically even 50% black. Yet culturally he is.

Shoddyan (15002) on 12/11/2007 8:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Wasn't there a thread earlier on a Beverly Hills Cop game that replaced Axel Foley (played by black Eddie Murphy in the movies) with a bald white guy?