Not an American user?
DescriptionSouth Park: The Stick of Truth is an RPG based off the South Park franchise. You play as a new kid (Douchebag as known to by Cartman) who just arrived in the town of South Park, Colorado. You immediately become thrust into a battle of epic proportions as you join together with many characters such as Kenny and Butters in order to procure the magical Stick of Truth from the evil Elves.
Starting off the adventure you get to choose between four different classes: Warrior, Mage, Thief, and Jew. Your appearance is completely customizable at all times with new outfits and accessories able to be found around the town. Social networking is an important feature in the game. When you meet new characters they become friends with you on the Facebook social network. Things like quests, your inventory, the town map, and more are also all displayed on your profile page. Your friends will post messages from time to time on your wall and give tips on how to beat quests and on where to find certain characters.
The game is visually made to look just like an episode from the television show. Written by South Park writers Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the story takes place after the season 17 Black Friday episode trilogy. Combat is turn-based and relies on the HP/PP system found in many other games. Taking damage reduces your HP and using your abilities/magic to dish out damage consumes your PP. HP/PP is completely restores after every battle. The character is able to become stronger by changing their equipment and gaining experience in battle. After obtaining a certain amount of XP the character levels up and is given upgrade points. These points are then used to strengthen your abilities. Meeting set amount of characters unlocks different perks to help in battle.
- "南方四賤客：真實之杖" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "南方公园：真理之杖" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Южный Парк: Палка Истины" -- Russian spelling
- "South Park: Le bâton de la vérité" -- French title
- "South Park: La vara de la verdad" -- Spanish title
- "South Park: Kijek Prawdy" -- Polish title
- "South Park: Il Bastone della Verità" -- Italian title
- "South Park: Der Stab der Wahrheit" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Onyx
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Middleware: Impersonator
- Middleware: Scaleform GFx SDK
- Middleware: Wwise
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- Protagonist: Jewish
- South Park licensees
- South Park: The Stick of Truth series
- Theme: Famous politician
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
There are no reviews for this game.
|PCGamesN||Mar 04, 2014||10 out of 10||100|
|Giant Bomb||Mar 04, 2014||100|
|Impulse Gamer||Mar 06, 2014||100|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 04, 2014||18 out of 20||90|
|RPG Site||Mar 04, 2014||9 out of 10||90|
|GAMbIT Magazine||Mar 10, 2014||4.5 out of 5||90|
|4Players.de||Mar 06, 2014||86 out of 100||86|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar 04, 2014||81 out of 100||81|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar 04, 2014||81 out of 100||81|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Publisher changeThis game was originally scheduled to be released by THQ, but the company declared bankruptcy and folded during development. THQ then sold the rights to publish the game to Ubisoft.
- The Game Awards
- 2014 — Best Narrative — Nominated
- 2014 — Best Performance: Trey Parker as Various Voices — Won
- 2014 — Best Role Playing Game — Nominated
Related Web Sites
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (official website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: South Park: The Stick of Truth (Article in the open encyclopedia about the game.)
Caelestis (4934) added South Park: The Stick of Truth (Windows) on Mar 11, 2014
Credits (508 people)
453 developers, 55 thanks
Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Mona Marshall, April Stewart, Adrien Beard, Chris Brion, John Hansen, Eric Stough, True List, Robert Amstler, Jennifer Howell, Jessica Makinson, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Stan Sawicki, Tian Wang