Not an American user?
DescriptionIn Pandora Tomorrow, you reprise your role as Sam Fisher, along with old friends Irving Lambert and Anna Grimsdottir.
A terrorist has a disease which he plans to spread through the United States. He makes daily phone calls to an undisclosed location every day, delaying the release of the disease by one more day. As Fisher, you must find out who the terrorist is, where he is, who he is working for, and above all, stop him.
In order to do this, you are taken all around the world, from Paris to Indonesia to the holy land Jerusalem. Sam comes equipped with his standard pistol and SC-20K. The SC has been improved, with an added scope with two levels of zoom. You have access to all the equipment from the first game, including Sticky Shockers, Diversion Cameras, Frag and Smoke Grenades.
Sam has also learned some new moves. He has the ability to perform a SWAT turn, which allows him to pass from one side of an open door to the other without being spotted. He may perform a half-split jump, enabling him to lean against one side of a wall to give him boost to jump higher. He can also whistle, to attract the attention of any nearby enemies.
Pandora Tomorrow also has a full fledged multiplayer game, playable on Xbox Live. The multiplayer ties in to the single player campaign, and it pits the Shadownet team (spies) against the Argus team (mercs). The game supports four players.
Members of Shadownet must infiltrate various complexes to retrieve canisters of a deadly liquid, but they must watch out for cameras, motion sensors and trip lasers, all of which alert the mercs to their position. The spy cannot kill with weapons, but he can stun the mercs for several seconds in order to sneak up and kill from behind.
On the other side, the mercs must make their way to each canister, guarding it from the Shadownet team. Whenever an alarm is tripped, the merc is instantly alerted to where the spy is. To help fight the Shadownets, the mercs have a built-in motion sensor view, which picks up any moving objects, as well as an electromagnetic view, which picks up on spy gadgets. The mercs come equipped with a rifle, and must defend the viral canisters at all costs.
Multiplayer comes with a good variety of maps, ranging from a warehouse and a factory to a cinema and three towering skyscrapers. More maps will be available in the future via Xbox Live.
- "细胞分裂：明日潘多拉" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "湯姆克蘭西 之 縱橫諜海：潘朵拉計劃" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "汤姆克兰西 之 细胞分裂：明日潘多拉" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow HD" -- PlayStation 3 title
- "Splinter Cell: Shadow Strike" -- Working title
- "Splinter Cell 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Unreal Engine 2
- Gameplay feature: Lock picking
- Games made into comics
- Game with creator's name
- Green Pepper releases
- Middleware: FaceFX
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Setting: City - Jerusalem
- Setting: City - Los Angeles
- Setting: City - Paris
- Setting: Future now Past
- Software Pyramide releases
- Splinter Cell series
- Tom Clancy licensees
- Ubisoft eXclusive releases
- Xbox Best of Platinum Hits releases
- Xbox Platinum Hits releases
|Hmm. Where did the fun go?||Ola Sverre Bauge (241)|
|Game Chronicles||May 31, 2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|IGN||Mar 26, 2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Jolt (UK)||Apr 12, 2004||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Gamesmania.de||Mar 29, 2004||92 out of 100||92|
|GameStar (Germany)||Mar, 2004||92 out of 100||92|
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|eXp.de - Extreme Players||Jul 26, 2004||8.9 out of 10||89|
|PC Zone Benelux||May, 2004||86 out of 100||86|
|ActionTrip||Mar 29, 2004||82 out of 100||82|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Apr 14, 2004||79 out of 100||79|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Development teamThe game was developed by Ubisoft Shanghai while its predecessor was developed by Ubisoft Montreal. The Montreal branch took a short break after completing the first game and then went on to develop Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
Map editorOn 13 December, 2004, Ubisoft released a map editor for the PC version along with extensive documentation and two new maps. You can download them on the official website.
NovelIn December 2004, the first Splinter Cell novel was published. Strangely, it is not written by Tom Clancy but by David Michaels. The book deals with conflicts in the middle east and concentrates on the protagonist Sam Fisher.
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2005 - Most Intelligent Multiplayer Mode in 2004
- 2004 – #3 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2004 - Most Innovative Online Multiplayer of the Year (Xbox)
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Runner-up to Fable for Xbox Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Xequeted talks with Domitille Doat, Producer, about Pandora Tomorrow. (March 5, 2004))
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Official Website (Official website)
Sciere (771698) added Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Windows) on Apr 03, 2004
Credits (396 people)