DescriptionTorque is an arena shooter similar to the Geometry Wars games in art style and gameplay design. The goal is to stay alive as long as possible while taking out enemies to build up a combo multiplier. Contrary to similar games, the player's ship fires at a constant rate and the bullet pattern moves around in a circular motion around the ship at a fixed pace. By pressing a key, the movement can be halted to shoot in a fixed direction. There are different kinds of enemies, some have bullets while others simply chase the ship. At certain moment and in certain game modes, a bomb appears that can clear the entire screen. In most modes the player has three lives.
After a tutorial of three levels, six regular levels and a boss levels, a set of special modes is opened up. In each mode, players can earn four kinds of medals based on the score (bronze, silver, gold and diamond) to open up the next modes. The available ones are:
- Two Minutes: score as much points as possible in two minutes with unlimited lives.
- Waves: kill different waves of enemies with an increased difficulty.
- Double Fire: the ship has two streams of rotating bullets, but straight firing is disabled.
- Bombs: there are too many enemies to take out and player need to use bombs to take out the opposition.
- Bullet Hell: all enemies shoot a larger amount of bullets.
- Insane: very difficult game with only one life.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Torque (Download the game, free of charge.)