🎮 Check out The Top 10 Consoles owned by MobyGames community!

Atari 50
Written by  :  piltdown_man (211147)
Written on  :  Jan 22, 2023
read more reviews by piltdown_man

Summary

Solid, colourful and fun

The Good

This is the second game in the series and in it Nelly and Tom have grown up. Tom's gone off on his own somewhere and Nelly, knowing that he's in trouble, goes after him.
The game is set in six pictures, each of which has a completely different story and they are all self-contained, nothing is carried from one to another.

There are two difficulty settings and a good range of puzzles in this game. In addition to the hidden object scenes I remember playing a painting puzzle, a spot the difference puzzle, a gear puzzle where cogs had to be correctly positioned, a sliding block puzzle, various sequence puzzles, a connect the pipe puzzle, jigsaw puzzles and more.
All puzzles begin with clear instructions and in the lower right of the screen there's a list of the current tasks so the player is never left wondering what to do.

As with the first game in the series the artwork is good and objects are visible but well disguised. There is no spoken dialogue.

The Bad

This is another good, solid casual game that doesn't really have any bad points. It has interesting puzzles and, while it does not set the gaming world alight, it does what it does very well.

The Bottom Line

I finished this game in two sittings and estimate the time it took to finish the game at around four hours, that's on the easy mode and I was not trying to rush through it.
Overall I enjoyed this game more than Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold.

Atari 50