Not an American user?
DescriptionAn alien entity known as Geegus threatens the Earth in the year 3091. As all of Earth's forces have been defeated, a scientist uses his recently-built time machine to find the greatest fighters of different eras to compete against Geegus.
World Heroes is a versus fighting game. It features a cast of characters from different countries and time periods, ranging from ninjas to a cybernetic super-soldier. The characters are based on real historical figures, but are endowed with supernatural powers. The player selects a character who then fights his way through standard one-on-one matches or takes on an opponent in a Deathmatch, where spiked walls and landmines add to the danger.
- "アケアカNEOGEO ワールドヒーローズ" -- Japanese PS4 / Switch spelling
- "AkeAka NeoGeo: World Heroes" -- Japanese PS4 / Switch title
- "ACA NeoGeo: World Heroes" -- PS4 / Switch title
- "ワールドヒーローズ" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Ação Games||Arcade||Oct, 1992||4 out of 4||100|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Neo Geo||Nov, 1992||9 out of 12||75|
|Video Games||SNES||Oct, 1993||71 out of 100||71|
|Video Games||Neo Geo||Dec, 1993||61 out of 100||61|
|Defunct Games||Neo Geo||Dec 22, 2007||60 out of 100||60|
|Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM)||Genesis||Jul, 1994||26 out of 50||52|
|Sega-16.com||Genesis||Jul 18, 2011||5 out of 10||50|
|Digitally Downloaded||PlayStation 3||Sep 07, 2011||50|
|GamePro (US)||Genesis||Sep, 1994||2.5 out of 5||50|
|All Game Guide||Neo Geo||1998||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesMost characters in the game are modeled after historical figures or famous people.
- Hanzo is based on Hattori Hanzo (1541-1596) , a feared Japanese ninja from the Tokugawa Era who was called "Devil Hanzo";
- Dragon is based on Bruce Lee (1940-1973), a famous Chinese martial artist;
- Janne is based upon Joan of Arc (1412-1431), a female French commander who was executed for being a heretic;
- J. Carn is based upon Genghis Kahn (11??-1227), leader of the Mongols and conquerer of Asia;
- Muscle Power is based upon Hulk Hogan (1953-), a very famous US wrestler, and a fifteen-time wrestling champion in various circuits;
- Rasputin is based upon Grigori Yefimovich Rasputin (1869-1916), also known as the Mad Monk, believed to be a psychic and a healer, who had a high influence over the Tsar Nicholas II and his family.
- Brocken, on the other hand, seems to be based upon a Nazi soldier from WWII Germany. His uniform resembles that of a high-ranking Nazi officer.
- It is not known if Fuuma is based upon a real ninja clan or if he was just made up for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: World Heroes (article in the open encyclopedia about the game)
Arcade Credits (39 people)
29 developers, 10 thanks
Tat, Marbo 'Toshi', Yuji NoguchiSystem Programmer:
Kazushige Hakamata (K. Hakamata), Takashi Hatono, Shinji Moriyama, Hideyuki Yamada, Sho No, Muneki Shiraishi, Akira Ushizawa, Hatsue Sakanishi, Katsue Matsuzaki, Rie Mori, Ryuuji Nakajima (Giga. S), Koji Fujita, Yasuyuki Sohara, Atsushi Kobayashi