Not an American user?
DescriptionAbstergo Industries - modern-day front for the organization of the Templars - has opened an entertainment subsidiary in Montreal, Quebec, using advanced technology that allows reliving fragments from the lives of people from the past. The unnamed protagonist is hired by the company to connect to the life of Edward Kenway, a Welsh privateer living in the eighteenth century. Through a series of events Edward assumes the identity of a rogue member of the Assassins reporting to Laureano Torres, the Governor of Cuba and also the Grand Master of the Templars. Initially motivated by greed, Edward finds himself at odds with both the Templars and the Assassins, who are both pursuing a mysterious man known as the Sage in order to gain access to the secret technology of the First Civilization.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is the sixth major installment in the series. While it introduces a new historical protagonist, its modern-day story continues the overarching plot, particularly the arc that started in Assassin's Creed III. Most of the familiar elements from the previous installments return, including free-form movement, the possibility to climb on buildings, a mission-based system with main and secondary quests, weapon management, collecting, etc. Besides a few tweaks, combat system largely remains unchanged as well.
The game's world is larger than in any of the previous games, and is available for exploration in a seamless fashion, without transitions or loading between ship navigation, swimming, and exploring the land. Much of the Caribbean Sea can be physically explored, including three full-fledged cities (Havana, Kingston, and Nassau) as well as smaller settlements and uninhabited islands. The protagonist can now hunt animals, fish, and uncover treasure maps. Early in the game Edward gains access to the Jackdaw, a ship that can be outfitted, upgraded, and used in naval battles. It is also possible to recruit crew members for the ship.
- "Assassin's Creed IV. Чёрный флаг" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: AnvilNext
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag series
- Assassin's Creed series
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: House ownership
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Games made into comics
- Launch title: Xbox One (North America/Europe)
- Middleware: GameWorks
- Middleware: HumanIK
- Middleware: Rendez-Vous
- Middleware: Wwise
- Physics Engine: Havok
- Setting: City - Havana
- Software Pyramide releases
- Theme: Sea Pirates
- Ubisoft Connect / Ubisoft Club / Uplay supported games
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
There are no reviews for this game.
|games xtreme||Nov 30, 2013||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Gamers' Temple, The||Dec 14, 2013||92 out of 100||92|
|Gameblog.fr||Nov 25, 2013||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Oct 29, 2013||8.5 out of 10||85|
|4Players.de||Nov 22, 2013||80 out of 100||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- GameStar/GamePro (Germany)
- 2013 – #2 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2013 – #3 Best Xbox Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2013 – #2 Best Action-Adventure of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag)
- Wikipedia: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
Havoc of Smeg (22620) added Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox One) on Dec 21, 2013
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.