Not an American user?
DescriptionBattlefield 4 is a military first-person shooter set in the near future and basically a direct continuation of Battlefield 3. Like all games in the series, the focus is on its multiplayer mode in which player either take the role of an assault (front soldiers with medic abilities), recon (snipers), support (front soldiers who can give out ammo) or engineers (explosives experts). All classes have special abilities and gadgets which can be unlocked over time. In a variety of mostly team-based playing variants - most importantly conquest in which certain points on the maps have to be held by the own team and the faster rush mode with an defending team and an attacking team which has to destroy certain points - players face each other on usually big maps with a variety of vehicles to use.
Of course this instalments features various small and big differences to its predecessors. The most important are the interactive "Levolution" elements which emphasize the destroyable areas; one of the unique selling points of the Frostbite engine: each map has one level element which significantly changes how the level looks and plays when destroyed. Battlefield 4 also brings back two elements from previous instalments: naval warfare and the commander mode. The commander is an additional player who sees the level from an overhead map, gives orders to the team members and can assign missile strikes. In contrast to Battlefield 2, the commander is not an actual player character on the battlefield and therefore can't be killed. New playing modes are Defuse (both teams have to detonate a bomb in a target zone, each player has only one "life" per round) and Obliteration (there spawns only one bomb pack on the map which has to be used to detonate three points on the map).
Like the predecessor, Battlefield 4 features a singleplayer campaign. A Chinese general overthrows the government, starts a war with the whole world (but is allied with Russia) and the USA has to save the day. The player takes the role of a faceless soldier named Recker, as commander of a small troop he can assign basic orders, who has to survive several missions of the usual Call of Duty variety: linear levels with a lot of boom and hundreds of enemies to shoot. In comparison to Battlefield 3, some levels are a bit more and in some cases the player drives a vehicle. Of course there are also the usual stealth and torture sequences. There is no co-op mode anymore.
The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions only allow 24 instead of 64 players at a time and have therefore smaller multiplayer maps.
- "戰地風雲4" -- Traditional Chinese spelling
- "战地风云4" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "BF4" -- Common abbreviation
- "バトルフィールド 4" -- Japanese spelling
- "배틀필드 4" -- Korean spelling (Hangul)
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Frostbite 3
- Aircraft: A-10 Thunderbolt II
- Aircraft: F-35 Lightning II
- Aircraft: Su-25 Frogfoot
- Battlefield 4 series
- Battlefield series
- Character Feature: Actual person's looks and voice
- Gameplay feature: Color-blind mode
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Japanese PlayStation 3 games with full English support
- Japanese PlayStation 4 games with full English support
- Launch title: Xbox One (North America/Europe)
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Middleware: FairFight/GameBlocks
- Middleware: SpeedTree
- PlayStation 3 Essentials Range releases
- Setting: 2020s
- Setting: City - Shanghai
- Setting: City - Singapore
- Setting: Destroyer / Cruiser / Carrier
- Setting: Future now Past
- Setting: Ship / Boat
- Tank: M1 Abrams
There are no reviews for this game.
|XboxAchievements||Nov 12, 2013||90 out of 100||90|
|4Players.de||Nov 28, 2013||80 out of 100||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 14, 2013||16 out of 20||80|
|IGN Italia||Dec 13, 2013||7.9 out of 10||79|
|TechRaptor||Jan 08, 2014||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2013 – Best Graphics of the Year
- GameStar/GamePro (Germany)
- 2013 – #3 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2013 – #2 Best Shooter of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Battlefield 4 (Official website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- TrueAchievements achievement guide (The TrueAchievements achievement guide for Battlefield 4)
- Wikipedia: Battlefield 4 (Article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
Patrick Bregger (278234) added Battlefield 4 (Xbox One) on Jan 12, 2014
Other platforms contributed by Patrick Bregger (278234)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.