DescriptionAs in FlatOut your goal is to drive as reckless as you can and still win the race. But contrary to its predecessor, FlatOut 2 is now a complete arcade-racing game.
The core of the game is the career mode which features 3 different racing-classes: Derby, Race and Street. Every class is also divided into 3 levels. You begin your career in the derby class level 1. Here you drive old, wrecked cars straight from the dump. As you progress to the race class and finally to the street class you can buy better and faster cars which you can then also tune to your needs, like installing a new engine.
Inside the classes you find different kinds of events: from normal races over Destruction Derbies to stunt events. All of the events feature a fully destructible environment. This is not only eye-candy but is also required to fill up your nitro and handicap your enemies.
If you get bored of that, you can play one of the 12 mini-games. Like in FlatOut your goal here is to do all kinds of crazy stuff with your driver. You can use him as a football, throw him through burning rings and more. These mini-games can also be played with up to 8 players on one PC in a hot-seat mode.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 65 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "FlatOut 2 GTR" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- FlatOut series
- Gameplay feature: Demolition Derby
- Gameplay feature: Freely destructible terrain
- Middleware: Umbra 3
|This follow-up to FlatOut still sucks.||Spartan_234 (460)|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Aug 25, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Jul 02, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|IGN||Jul 31, 2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Gamesmania.de||Jul 06, 2006||83 out of 100||83|
|GamingExcellence||Aug 26, 2006||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jul 06, 2006||15 out of 20||75|
|X-Power||Jul 08, 2006||7.5 out of 10||75|
|GameSpot||Aug 01, 2006||7.4 out of 10||74|
|GameSpy||Aug 08, 2006||70|
|GameDaily||Aug 14, 2006||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|FlatOut 2 Mods||2||Pseudo_Intellectual (60344)
Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011
German versionIn the German version all drivers were replaced with crash dummies.
Related Web Sites
- FlatOut 2 (Official game website)
- FlatOut 2: A Smash ’em Up Race to the Finish (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of FlatOut 2 (October, 2008).)
- Flatout Joint (Online Community & Information Center for the racers & Modders of Flatout 2.)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: FlatOut 2 (Information about FlatOut 2 at Wikipedia)