Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde Ad Blurbs (Xbox)
Goblin Commander™: Unleash the Horde calls upon your skill and courage to destroy the enemy, pillage the enclaves, and scorch the earth. Wage war with a horde of specialised goblin warriors at your command. Design a custom army from more than 25 different goblins, or take direct control of giant titans and battle-ready vehicles to cause reckless mayhem across the lands.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22263) on Sep 16, 2010.
The fantasy world shudders when five goblin tribes go to war. The first casualty? The archaic point 'n' click controls of other RTSs
- Perfect mix of action and strategy, designed with the DualShock controller in mind
- Five unique clans - Stonekrusher, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Plaguespitter and Nighthorde - each adapted to their location and skilled and different aspects of combat
- Create defensive turrets and gigantic Titans to crush your enemies
- No resource mining as with other RTS games - simply smash things up for Gold and capture Soul Fountains or kill enemies for Souls
- Fast, furious and funny gameplay for one or two players (splitscreen)
The goblin world of Ogriss is in turmoil. The human wizard and leader Fraziel is missing and the five goblin clans are blaming one another for his disappearance and fighting amongst themselves. When the finger of blame falls on the Stonekrusher clan, you must assume the role of their Commander Grommel, clear your name, unite the clans and solve the mystery. But the other four clans won't trust you easily and will fight you at every turn. It's going to a tough, but amusing fight.
Goblin Commander is a real-time strategy game developed specifically for the console and, as such, the control method is perfectly suited to the DualShock controller. Using the familiar Commander control method you view the battlefield from above and click on areas you want your troops to move to or attack. Alternatively, get into the thick of the tongue-in-cheek action with Direct Control. The viewpoint moves in close and you manoeuvre and charge with your mob of up to 30 gobbos just like you were playing an action adventure (like Ratchet & Clank). Create huge Titans like the Stone Ogre and giant Slime, erect defensive turrets and build your forces to absorb each clan into your ranks. Eventually you'll be able to choose from the five clans (each specialising in skills such as missile fire, melee or magic), offering 25 different goblin types. However you choose to fight this war, it's going to be a fierce and funny conflict.
Contributed by DreinIX (10668) on Apr 12, 2008.
- Control five different goblin clans: Stonekrusher, Plaguespitter, Hellfire, Stormbringer, and Nighthorde. Each clan features unique upgrades and combat skills.
- Mix and match goblin clans with a variety of combat specialties including Melee, Ranged, Elemental, Acid and Magical to create 25 different goblin types.
- Control massive Titans who tower above the swarming goblin hordes and leave major destruction in their wake.
- Conquer 17 single-player campaign levels or challenge a friend in eight different multiplayer modes, including a deathmatch event.
Lead your hordes to victory!All work and no play makes for some really happy goblins.
Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde is a true action/strategy game developed by Ron and Chris Millar, strategic masters well-known for their work within the StarCraft, Warcraft and Diablo series. Combining strategic and tactical elements with action-packed gameplay, Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde has what it takes to appeal to a wide variety of gamers.
Goblin Commander takes the real-time strategy genre and stands it on its head. Instead of getting bogged down in resource management, Goblin Commander keeps it simple with one main resource -- gold (which you get by smashing stuff!). Instead of taking a passive role when it comes to battles, Goblin Commander allows you to take control of your units and direct their attacks by running up to enemies and pounding on the A Button.
When you start the game, you'll be able to control only one clan, but eventually you'll get the chance to try them all. Each clan contains five units that you must build by collecting gold and souls. The five units can loosely be classified as a foot soldier, a stronger foot soldier, a very strong soldier, a long-range attacker and a support unit. Each clan also has a Titan -- a massive creature that lays waste to everything in its path.
Combine a superstar development team, a fantastic concept and an underused genre and what do you get? A great game crawling with really cool-looking goblins. With the ability to appeal to RTS fanatics without alienating casual gamers, Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde is a real winner.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65803) on Jul 29, 2005.