DescriptionThe Legos strike back in the sequel to the original LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game, where players now get to explore the original trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI) of the Star Wars movie series. Players use LEGO-ized Star Wars characters to reenact all three of the original movies. All of the sets and props are also made out of LEGO bricks, and retain their properties such as the ability to be rebuilt and fall apart. Like its predecessor, the game puts a spin on the series by adding a light-hearted, humorous touch to the movies, and also by using no dialogue.
LEGO Star Wars II is a third-person action game with platforming elements. Players take control of the characters and vehicles of Star Wars. In Story Mode, players reenact the key events of the original movies with LEGO bricks. Each character has different weapons, like lightsabers for Jedi or crossbows for Wookies, as well as new character-specific attacks and maneuvers. Each character also has different abilities, e.g. Jedi being able to use the force, R2-D2 being able to unlock doors, or Boba Fett being able to use his jetpack. It is up to the player to use these abilities to solve simple puzzles and traverse the levels of the game. Vehicle levels are more prominently featured than in the previous game, with longer sequences dedicated to piloting traditional Star Wars aircraft.
In addition to a single-player game, there is also a co-op mode that allows two players to go through the Story Mode. In the single-player mode, the second character is controlled by the AI. Like in the first game, the Free-play mode allows players to go back and replay beaten levels with any playable character they have unlocked. A new feature allows players to create their own mixed-up LEGO characters and vehicles. Power Brock items and coin stubs collected in Story Mode will also unlock new characters, vehicles, and items for players to experiment with.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 55 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "LEGO Star Wars II: La Trilogie Originale" -- French title
- "LEGO Star Wars II: La Trilogía Original" -- Spanish title
- "LEGO Star Wars II: La Trilogia Classica" -- Italian title
- "LEGO Star Wars II: Die klassische Trilogie" -- German title
- "レゴ スター・ウォーズII" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Force Powers-themed games
- Gameplay feature: Game completion percentage
- Games for Windows releases
- Inspiration: Movies
- Inspiration: Toys
- LEGO licensees
- LEGO Star Wars series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- PSP greatest hits releases
- PSP Platinum Range releases
- Setting: Space station / Spaceship
- Software Pyramide releases
- Star Wars canon
- Star Wars licensees
- Technology: amBX
- Travellers Tales LEGO games
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
- Xbox 360 Platinum Hits releases
- Xbox Platinum Family Hits releases
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Nuts||Sep 15, 2006||100|
|GamePro (US)||Sep 12, 2006||4.5 out of 5||90|
|Lawrence||Sep 17, 2006||8.6 out of 10||86|
|4Players.de||Sep 19, 2006||85 out of 100||85|
|TeamXbox||Sep 25, 2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|Game Revolution||Sep 15, 2006||B+||83|
|Game Freaks 365||2006||8.3 out of 10||83|
|1UP||Sep 11, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Informer Magazine||Oct, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CharityTo celebrate Red Nose Day, the day on the UK calendar when the nation unites to raise money for good causes in the name of comedy, players could donate money on the developer's website in 2007 to receive a cheat to unlock red noses for all the characters, from R2-D2 to Mr Vader himself.
- 2006 – #2 Best Licensed Game of the Year
- 2006 – #3 Most Humorous Game of the Year
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2007 - #5 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – #2 GameCube Game of the Year
- 2006 – #8 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #10 PC Game of the Year
- 2006 – PS2 Platformer of the Year
- 2006 – Best Use of License of the Year (PC)
Related Web Sites
- LucasArts.com | LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Official game website)
- NZMac Review (A (largely) unscored review of the Macintosh version of the game by NZMac, a New Zealand Apple site (Jul. 19, 2007).)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of LEGO Star Wars II on the publisher's website, which provides a trailer, an overview of the Star Wars saga and its characters, a demo, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- The Original Trilogy Completes the Circle (An Apple Games article, archived on the author's site, about the Macintosh version of LEGO Star Wars II, with commentary being provided by Development Director Jonathan Smith (April, 2007).)
- Wikipedia: LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (Information about LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy at Wikipedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.