DescriptionThe Need for Speed series returns, this time reverting back to the 'chase' arcade experience instead of a racing simulation. Top speed racing is the name of the game, where you must outchase not just the opposing drivers, but the cops.
Choose from a selection of today's (and yesterday's) top sports cars, including the Ferrari F50, Porsche 911 and a range from the likes of Ford, Corvette, BMW, Lotus, Mercedes, Aston Martin, the McLaren F1 and a lot more.
The competitive race mode allows you to take on other drivers and beat them to the line. A selection of tracks allows you to not only dodge incoming traffic, but perform deadly jumps and stunts to receive points. These points, combined with the points recieved from your finishing position, can unlock new cars and tracks.
The Hot Pursuit mode combines all the major elements of the competitive mode with the chance to out run the cops. They will throw everything at you to try and stop you, including running you off the road, setting up road blocks and unleashing an attack helicopter equiped with missiles. Three busts by the cops ends the race.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 31 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "极品飞车：闪电追踪2" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Need for Speed: מרדף לוהט 2" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Need for Speed: Poursuite Infernale 2" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Aston Martin Vanquish
- Automobile: BMW 5 Series
- Automobile: BMW Z8
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Ferrari 360
- Automobile: Ferrari 550
- Automobile: Ferrari F50
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Lamborghini Diablo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- EA Classics releases
- Need for Speed series
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Shin Force||Jul 07, 2003||9.6 out of 10||96|
|Gaming Target||Apr 10, 2003||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Game Informer Magazine||Nov, 2002||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameplanet||Nov 06, 2002||80|
|4Players.de||Nov 01, 2002||79 out of 100||79|
|GameZone||Oct 14, 2002||7.8 out of 10||78|
|GameSpot||Oct 07, 2002||7.2 out of 10||72|
|IGN||Sep 30, 2002||7.1 out of 10||71|
|X-Power||Nov 24, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 24, 2002||13 out of 20||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Version differencesThe PC, Xbox and GameCube versions are much more limited in comparison with PS2 version which was developed by Black Box Games instead of EA Seattle.
- 2002 – Best PS2 Simulation of the Year
- 2002– Best PS2 Simulation of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – #4 Best PS2 Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – #5 Best PC Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- 2002 – PC Racing Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (Official website)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Information about Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.