DescriptionThis installment in the Need for Speed series, Underground 2 is a racing game based on illicit, night time races, with the player gaining street credit, cash and access to unique tuner parts by schooling the competition.
Taking place in a massive, open city, NFS Underground 2 allows players to explore the city at will, engaging random challengers and moving into the coveted Underground Racing League. Once in the Underground Racing League, the player advances first by race wins, then with building up their tuner car and taking on tougher opponents. The objective is to win all Underground Racing League engagements and trick out your car to the max.
The PC version is the only version that allows the user to save magazine screen shots of your tricked out car to disk.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 76 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "极品飞车: 地下狂飙2" -- Need For Speed: Underground 2 translated to Chinese
- "NFSU2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi A3
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Honda Civic
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mazda RX-8
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Mitsubishi GTO
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Lancer
- Automobile: Nissan 350Z
- Automobile: Nissan Skyline
- Automobile: Peugeot 206
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Automobile: Toyota Corolla
- Automobile: Volkswagen Golf
- EA Classics releases
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- NFS Underground series
- Nintendo Player's Choice releases
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|IGN||Nov 12, 2004||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Game Freaks 365||2004||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Nov 30, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|Gamers.at||Dec 01, 2004||86 out of 100||86|
|TeamXbox||Nov 15, 2004||8.4 out of 10||84|
|The Video Game Critic||Mar 22, 2005||B+||83|
|contactmusic.com||Nov 26, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Extreme Gamer||Dec 06, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|Game Revolution||Nov, 2004||B||75|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 18, 2004||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Server shutdownIn early August 2006, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox, and Windows (demo) versions. The PS2 and Windows servers were closed on 1st November 2007.
- GamePro (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best Console Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- 2004 - PC Racing Game of the Year
- 2004 – PC Sports / Racing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best PC Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards
- 2004 - Best Performance by a Human Female (for Brooke Burke)
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Xequted interviews producer Stefan Wessels about NFSU2. (Nov. 17, 2004))
- Need for Speed Underground 2 (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Underground 2 (Information about Need for Speed: Underground 2 at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.