DescriptionPrince of Persia: Warrior Within is the direct sequel to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Seven years later, the Prince is hunted by a monster known as Dahaka. He finds out that anyone who manipulates the Sands of Time is destined to die shortly afterwards; but the Prince has escaped his fate, and that's the reason for Dahaka's rage. Now the Prince must travel to the mysterious Island of Time, where he hopes to find the Empress of Time and, through time manipulation, somehow prevent her from creating the Sands in the first place...
The game comes with a new, darker look for the Prince and his surroundings. The fights are more brutal and take a larger part in the game, as the Prince now has enhanced fighting moves including new attack moves via walls and poles.
Even though the fights make up a large part of the game, the puzzle sections are still present and more complicated than before. A new move in the puzzle sections of the game is the curtain slide, which allows you to slide down to the ground slowly. There are still plenty of options for time manipulation and the storyline also lets you travel back and forth in time, visiting the same locations in an alternate time period.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 172 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "波斯王子：武者之心" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Принц Персии: Схватка с судьбой" -- Russian spelling
- "Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD" -- iPad title
- "Prince of Persia: Spirito Guerriero" -- Italian title
- "Prince of Persia: L'âme du Guerrier" -- French title
- "Prince of Persia: Kenshi no Kokoro" -- Japanese title
- "Prince of Persia: El Alma del Guerrero" -- Spanish title
- "Prince of Persia: Dusza Wojownika" -- Polish title
- "Prince of Persia 5" -- Informal title
- "Prince of Persia 2" -- Working title
- "PoP: Warrior Within" -- Common abbreviation
- "Bosi Wangzi: Wuzhe zhi Xin" -- Simplified Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Console Generation Exclusives: PlayStation 3
- Game Engine: JADE
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
- Gameplay feature: Time manipulation
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Prince of Persia series
- Protagonist: Royalty
- Setting: Middle East
- Software Pyramide releases
- Technology: amBX
- Theme: Time Travel
- Ubisoft eXclusive releases
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Hits releases
|You can't screw with time hasn't the Prince seen Back To The Future?||Classic Nigel (150)|
|This game is really bad, in the good sense||Ace of Sevens (4472)|
|Detroit Free Press (Freep)||Dec 26, 2004||100|
|Extreme Gamer||Dec 09, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Kombo.com||Dec 14, 2004||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameSpot||Dec 01, 2004||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Gamekult||Dec 03, 2004||8 out of 10||80|
|X-Box Gamer||Mar 26, 2005||16 out of 20||80|
|PlayDevil||Mar 02, 2005||70|
|Factornews||Dec 13, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Dec 01, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|Diehard GameFan||Dec 12, 2004||4.7 out of 10||47|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|An Enigmatic Photo Behind the Credits||1||Rifatul Islam
Mar 01, 2019
Two endingsIf the players is able to collect all live upgrades, he can retrieve the final sword upgrade (Water sword) from the hourglass chamber and unlock the canonical ending (The Two Thrones) by fighting the Dahaka. Whiteout the upgrades the sword cannot be retrieved and the player is forced to fight Kaileena the Empress of Time. This also happens if one chooses to not take up the Water sword.
Jordan MechnerIn the December 2005 issue of Wired Magazine, Jordan Mechner(the developer of the original Prince of Persia who was not involved of the development of this game) was not happy with the direction of Warrior Within. He said "I'm not a fan of the artistic direction, or the violence that earned it an M rating. The story, character, dialog, voice acting, and visual style were not to my taste." However, he was quite happy when the direction taken by The Two Thrones.
- 2004 – Best PC Action-Adventure Game of the Year
- GamePro (Germany)
- 2004 - Best Console Action-Adventure in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Hints for PoP: Warrior Within (Question and answer type strategy guide. Gives subtle clues before the solutions are revealed.)
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Official website)
- Wikipedia: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (Information about Prince of Persia: Warrior Within at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.