Sid Meier's Pirates!: Live the Life Ad Blurbs (Xbox)
Advertising Blurbsgames.1c.ru (Publisher's website):
- Симулятор пиратской жизни - один из самых знаменитых и популярных проектов легендарного Сида Мейера.
- Огромный, детально проработанный мир, нелинейный сюжет и практически полная свобода действий.
- 27 типов кораблей с возможностью модернизации корабельных пушек, парусов и брони.
- Зрелищные морские баталии и разнообразные противники: торговые суда, пиратские и военные корабли — каждый со своеобразной тактикой и вооружением.
- Ураганные дуэли на шпагах, драки в тавернах и сражения во время абордажного боя.
- Пиратские рейды на города, поиски сокровищ, обольщение светских красавиц и многое, многое другое!
XVII столетие. Эпоха, породившая немало легенд и ставшая основой для множества исторических романов. Время, когда на бескрайних морях безраздельно властвовали благородные морские разбойники. Вы можете стать одним из них, прожить бурную, наполненную яркими красками жизнь, и войти в историю, став самым знаменитым, удачливым и галантным пиратским капитаном. Добудьте себе корабль по вкусу, наберите команду отчаянных головорезов — и отправляйтесь на поиски богатства, славы и приключений!
Contributed by Klaster_1 (57965) on Feb 11, 2011.
Sid Meier’s Pirates! is an exciting high-seas adventure that allows junior buccaneers to helm one of 27 fully customisable ships as they descend upon unsuspecting ports of call to amass a motley crew of seafaring bandits. Captains must collect hidden treasure maps, undertake daring missions and courageous rescues, and swiftly hand out pirate-style justice to local braggarts before hearing the wild call of the ocean and setting sail for mind-blowing open sea engagements unlike any other game before on the Wii.
- The classic adventure by renowned creator Sid Meier, re-imagined for the Wii
- Build a fleet: take the helm of 27 ships and enhance their ability to deal out high-seas destruction by upgrading to an assortment of powerful ammo, mighty cannons, and other valuable nautical advancements. You can also change the look of your pirate and his dastardly vessel through the multitude of Wii-exclusive customisation options.
- Use the Wii Remote to parry, counter and effectively out duel your opponents into submission with lightning quick moves onboard ships, in taverns, and even in the exclusive Governor’s mansion.
- Using the new, Wii-specific mini-games, plunder enemy ports after you bombard them into obedient submission or escape challenging predicaments with your trusty lock-picking set and sail off into the highseas to resume your adventure.
- Increase your riches and steal the heart of the Governor’s beautiful daughter to earn gifts and valuable information that you will need on your journey.
- Make your own story: Challenge and pursue the most infamous pirates in history, including Blackbeard, Captain Kidd, and Henry Morgan. If you piece together fragmented scraps of map, you can even discover their hidden treasure. Play classic Sid Meier’s Pirates! mini-games plus two new all new Wii-exclusive mini-games.
Overflowing with intense pirate action, Sid Meier’s Pirates! features a treasure chest of gameplay riches, including the traditional mini-games from the classic original such as Sword Fighting, Ship Combat and Dancing, as well as two brand new Wii-exclusive mini-games – Bombardment and Lock Picking. In addition, the Wii version will offer exclusive character and ship customisation options.
Contributed by Kartanym (12768) on Jan 15, 2011.
Sid Meier's Pirates!® is the action-packed roleplaying game that lets you live the life of a pirate in the seventeenth-century Caribbean. Choose which exploits and quests to pursue in this Xbox®-customized version of Sid's original, award-winning Pirates! PC game.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22263) on Oct 05, 2010.
Sid Meier Debuts Pirates! in HamburgHamburg, Germany, December 2, 2004 – Firaxis Creative Director and industry visionary Sid Meier appeared in Hamburg, Germany, on December 2, 2004, where he attended an autographing session and press event to announce the international release of Sid Meier's Pirates!
Veteran Game Designer Visits Germany to Launch Sid Meier's Pirates!
The autographing session took place at Saturn, Hamburg, which is the world's largest electronics store. There Sid autographed games and answered questions from thousands of rapt German fans.
Later that day Sid attended a media event which took place in Hamburg's harbor, aboard the ship "Jan Molsen." The event was attended by over fifty journalists, representing print media, online gaming sites and radio and television stations.
Sid Meier and Firaxis games enjoy great popularity in Germany and Europe; in fact, approximately half of the company's audience is found overseas.
Contributed by Jeanne (76453) on Apr 29, 2006.
- Développé par Sid Meier Firaxis, le génie à l'origine des Civilization, Railroad Tycoon et bien d'autres jeux de légende!
- Le remake du cultissime Pirates !, plébiscité par des générations de joueursLe bonheur, si je veux!
- Entière liberté d'action et de décisions. VOUS êtes le seul maître de votre destin de Pirate, moussaillon!
- Un Gameplay ultra-varié : combats navals, combats à l'épée, concours de danse, RTS, chasse à l'énigme, aventure, infiltration...
- Un rendu full 3D fun et coloré, pour retranscrire toute l'ambiance exotique des Caraïbes du XVIIè Siècle
Sorti en 1987, Sid Meier' s Pirates ! fait figure de jeu de légende qui a marqué des générations de joueurs.
Dans la peau d'un apprenti flibustier, vous allez intégralement gérer votre carrière d'écumeur des Caraïbes.
Les choix sont multiples : s'allier avec les Français ou plutôt avec les Espagnols ?
Ecumer les mers à la recherche de butin ou écumer les tavernes à la recherche d'informations sur d'éventuels trésors ? Séduire la fille du gouverneur de Port Royale ou décimer la flotte du grand Barbe Bleue ? Alors, marin d'eau douce ou boucanier sanguinaire ?
Vous seul allez décider. Sid Meier revient dans son plus grand jeu...
Attendez-vous à ne plus dormir...
Contributed by Xoleras (66712) on Oct 05, 2005.
ATARI'S SID MEIER'S PIRATES! SAILS INTO STORES
Date: November 22, 2004 Highly-Anticipated Sequel From Firaxis Games Re-Captures The Magic of One of the Greatest Games of All Time
BEVERLY, MA - November 22, 2004 - Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) and Firaxis Games announced today that the highly-anticipated sequel to one of the most popular and loved titles in gaming history has shipped to retail stores nationwide. Sid Meier's Pirates!® received unprecedented critical acclaim when it was first released in 1987 and set the industry standard for innovative game design with its unique blend of open-ended role-playing, real-time adventures and thrilling action sequences. The new game uses an entirely new game engine and delivers updated gameplay, spectacular 3D graphics and many new features.
"Pirates!® is recognized as one of the greatest games ever created and there has been a lot of anticipation for the return of this classic," said Nancy MacIntyre, vice president of marketing, Atari, Inc. "Firaxis has done an amazing job balancing the addition of new features and gameplay while maintaining the spirit and addictiveness of the original."
"Pirates! is among the most popular and loved titles in gaming history and Sid and the team have far surpassed our expectations by delivering a game that has the highest quality graphics, new features, and enhanced gameplay that improve upon the award-winning original," said Jeff Briggs, Firaxis Games founder, president and CEO. "Firaxis Games and Atari are thrilled to offer this incredibly fun, action-adventure game to a new generation of gamers around the world."
The new Pirates! carries on with the great gameplay and design simplicity tradition of the original while adding more challenging and exciting battle options, and a deeper and more varied role-playing experience. In the leading role as a Pirate Captain in the 17th century Caribbean, you explore high seas and exotic ports, overtake enemies in fierce naval battles, engage in duels and try to seize valuable booty in an attempt to become the most revered and feared pirate in history. As your reputation and skills grow, so will the size and quality of
your crew, and your ability to take on larger enemy ships, raid and plunder heavily fortified ports, and locate ancient treasure. There's a whole cast of interesting and dangerous characters to meet, mysteries to solve, exotic island destinations to discover, and powerful alliances to forge.
Sid Meier's Pirates! is rated 'E' for Everyone and is currently available at retail stores nationwide for a suggested price of $49.99. A Limited Edition version is also available for the same price and is packed with tons of bonus material including the original Pirates! game, the full behind the scenes making-of video, developer diaries, unique exclusive content and bonus material. Additional information can be found on the official site, www.atari.com/pirates.
About Firaxis Games
FIRAXIS Games, home of legendary designer Sid Meier, is one of the world's premier independent game development studios. Headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland, FIRAXIS has created some of the most successful and award-winning PC games on the market. The company's most recent hit titles include: Sid Meier's SimGolf (published by Electronic Arts); the mega-hit Sid Meier's Civilization III (published by Atari); Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play The World, the multiplayer expansion pack; and Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests, the second expansion pack to the legendary strategy game. Firaxis has a rich history of creating great games including: Sid Meier's Gettysburg!, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire and Sid Meier's Antietam!. For more information on FIRAXIS Games visit www.firaxis.com.
New York-based Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR) develops interactive games for all platforms and is one of the largest third-party publishers of interactive entertainment software in the U.S. The Company's 1,000+ titles include hard-core, genre-defining games such as DRIV3R’, Enter the Matrix’, Neverwinter Nights’, Stuntman’, Test Drive®, Unreal® Tournament 2004, and Unreal® Championship; and mass-market and children's games such as Backyard Sports’, Nickelodeon's Blue's Clues’ and Dora the Explorer’, Civilization®, Dragon Ball Z® and RollerCoaster Tycoon®. Atari, Inc. is a majority-owned subsidiary of France-based Infogrames Entertainment SA (Euronext 5257), the largest interactive games publisher in Europe. For more information, visit www.atari.com.
# # #
© 2004 Atari, Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Contributed by Xoleras (66712) on Jul 23, 2005.
Live the life!
Raid the Caribbean as a 17th - century pirate captain in this epic, open-ended seafaring adventure. Face countless dogged enemies, woo fair maidens and raise the Jolly Roger on the original Sid Meier's Pirates!, this all-new story features a richly detailed world and hours of outstanding gameplay.
"Finally, technology has reached the point where I can reimagine the world of Pirates! the way I've always wanted"
Contributed by Stillman (7622) on Feb 09, 2005.
Newcomers that haven’t played Pirates! before can also buy this game without worries. Sid Meier and his crew have managed to update one of the major classics of gaming so that it is now a worthy example of the fact that good gameplay never goes out of fashion. 9/10 Boomtown
Simple to learn, elegant (and fun!) game mechanics, open-ended play, great stylized graphics. There's something to be said for superb execution of a straightforward design. Pirates! has that kind of polish. You'll have fun with it from the moment you finish installation. 4.5/5 Gamespy
But just like the original Pirates!, many gamers will find themselves returning again and again. Sid Meier's Pirates! won't appeal to everyone, but if you're nostalgic for the original or like unstructured and open-ended games, this booty is well worth seeking. Yarrr! 8/10 Gamesdomain
There are a lot of great games for the PC this year, particularly for fans of shooters and strategy games. Don't let those distract you from also trying Pirates!. It may not be as technically innovative as titles like Half-Life 2 or Rome: Total War but the combination of ideas and experiences it contains easily make it one of the most original games of the year. It may not depart much from the original game but, truthfully, it simply doesn't need to. Pirates! is unlike any other game in the current PC catalog. Unless you hate fun, you'll love it. 9.2/10 IGNPC.com
While some may find the game to be slightly tedious for its somewhat repetitive nature - quite frankly, neither of us seemed to either notice, nor care - we were too busy just having fun playing out our respective games (I managed to complete two full games before my [ahem] "better half" absconded with my game disks and manuals - currently - she's working toward the end of her third complete game). Obviously, this game does have a good "re-playability" factor to it, and even more obviously - this game is pure pleasure in the playing. 95% RPGdot.com
Contributed by Xoleras (66712) on Feb 06, 2005.
"MIT ALL SEINEN SINNVOLLEN VERBESSERUNGEN SOWIE DEN AUF WÜNSCHEN DER FANS BASIERENDEN NEUERUNGEN HAT SID MEIER'S PIRATES! ABERMALS DAS ZEUG ZUM HIT"
PC GAMES 11/04
Contributed by Xoleras (66712) on Jan 02, 2005.
- Experience an all-new story built upon the most fun and compelling features of the original Pirates! game
- Live out multiple quests through a non-linear, open life timeline where every decision poses distinct challenges and possibilities
- Witness the consequences of your actions in current events throughout the Pirates! world
- Battle, overtake and command 27 different ship types, enhanced with assorted ammo, cannon and other upgrades
- Take on various foes including merchant and military captains, ferocious pirates, evil gentry and even rival suitors — each with different skills and abilities
- Confront enemies on board ships, in seedy taverns, on the ramparts and even at the Governor’s mansion
- Wield weapons — or anything within your reach — as you fence against foes
- Engage in fierce naval battles fighting single enemies or multiple ships
- Sneak into towns, escape out of prisons, navigate around adversaries and surprise unsuspecting vessels
- Dispatch landing parties of buccaneers in strategic battles to take over entire cities
- Increase your riches and impress the governor’s daughter with your charm, fame, heroism — even your dancing abilities
- Collect items (swords, spyglasses, armor, hats, coats, etc.) that improve skills or provide other new benefits and view them in a new inventory system
- Enhance your gameplay experience with downloadable content including flags, sail emblems, character skins and more
Originally released in 1987, Pirates! received unprecedented critical acclaim for crossing multiple game genres to offer unique, unrivaled gameplay options. Pirates! set the industry standard for innovative game design with its unique blend of open-ended role-playing, real-time adventures and thrilling action sequences.
Now it’s time for Sid Meier and Firaxis Games to bring this pioneering action-adventure game into the 21st century. An entirely new game engine will deliver updated gameplay, stunning new features, spectacular 3D graphics and enhanced sound effects, so players can fully experience the intrigue, adventure and danger of life as a pirate on the Spanish Main.
In Pirates! you take the leading role of a Pirate Captain in the 17th century Caribbean amassing fortune and fame in an attempt to seize your rightful place as one of the most revered (and feared!) pirates in history. Test your skills as a sea captain exploring the high seas and exotic ports in a richly detailed 3D world. Overtake the enemy and seize valuable booty. Exchange plank-shattering broadsides in fierce naval battles, and engage in duels with worthy opposing captains.
The new Pirates! carries on with the great gameplay and design simplicity tradition of the award-winning original, while adding more challenging and exciting battle options. It offers a deeper and more varied role-playing experience that includes multiple paths to a wealthy retirement. This and many other features and additions make this gaming classic one of the most highly anticipated releases of this century!
Contributed by Xoleras (66712) on Nov 27, 2004.