DescriptionStubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is a 3D action game that turns the tables on the age old tradition of zombie games. In this game, you play as the zombie, fight off the humans, and eat their brains. Stubbs the Zombie is set in a retro-futuristic city of the future and follows Stubbs over the course of one day as he zombifies the entire city.
Before becoming a zombie Edward 'Stubbs' Stubblefield was a traveling salesman in the 1930s who got himself killed. Flash forward to 1959 where the world's richest man, Andrew Monday, has built his dream city, Punchbowl Pennsylvania, on top of poor Stubbs' grave. Stubbs will have to claw through all of Punchbowl's citizens, including the local police department, crazy militiamen, nerdy scientists, and a deadly barbershop quartet.
Luckily Stubbs has some help. Every human that he kills comes back as a zombie and joins Stubbs in his quest for brains. Stubbs also learns a series of special body powers. He can use his unholy flatulence to stun enemies, he can throw his pancreas as an exploding zombie grenade, and he can detach his own head and bowl it into enemies. Stubbs' most powerful ability is that he can detach his hand and use it as a scout, climbing up walls and the ceiling, and then use it to take control of enemy humans and their weapons.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 23 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "僵尸斯塔布斯" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Stubbs The Zombie: Месть Короля" -- Special "alternate" translation of Russian localization with plot changes
Part of the Following Groups
|Must... Eat... Brains....||GameJunkieJim (16)|
|GameLemon||Apr 25, 2006||9.1 out of 10||91|
|1UP||Oct 14, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|IGN||Oct 24, 2005||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|GameSpot||Oct 20, 2005||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2005||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Press Start Online||Nov 17, 2006||12 out of 20||60|
|The Video Game Critic||Mar 12, 2006||C-||42|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Dec 23, 2005||4 out of 10||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|The Green Posteffect||6||St. Martyne (3653)
Aug 06, 2007
SoundtrackStubbs The Zombie: The Soundtrack was released by Shout Factory on October 18, 2005. Here is the track listing:
- Ben Kweller – Lollipop
- The Raveonettes – My Boyfriend’s Back
- Death Cab For Cutie – Earth Angel
- Rose Hill Drive – Shakin’ All Over
- Cake – Strangers In The Night
- The Walkmen – There Goes My Baby
- Rogue Wave – Everyday
- The Dandy Warhols – All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Oranger – Mr. Sandman
- The Flaming Lips – If I Only Had A Brain
- Clem Snide – Tears On My Pillow
- Milton Mapes – Lonesome Town
- Phantom Planet – The Living Dead
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2006 - Most Likeable Game Hero in 2005 (for Stubbs)
Related Web Sites
- Now Playing: Stubbs the Zombie (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Rebel Without a Pulse, with commentary being provided by Writer Matt Soell (October, 2005).)
- Stubbs the Zombie (Official website)