DescriptionPro Evolution Soccer 5 pushes the franchise one level up towards realism by expanding and improving character moves and control. Now, the match feels more real to the actual play as players make mistakes more often and passes don't go too well if the player is on the wrong foot, or makes a bad turn. The new gameplay may require slight adjustment for players to switch from older versions to this one. The standard modes are here, match mode (with newly added memorial match), various leagues, and cups. Some more teams now have their proper names (like "Arsenal" and "Chelsea"), and are having up to date players in the teams. Also, new weather condition has been added, snow.
There are no Xbox user screenshots for this game.
There are 69 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "实况足球9" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "World Soccer Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Evolution" -- Japanese PSP title
- "Winning Eleven 9: Liveware Evolution" -- Korean updated Windows title
- "WE9LE" -- Common abbreviation of Korean updated Windows release
- "Pro Evolution Soccer 5" -- European title
- "Pro Evo 5" -- Abbreviated title
- "PES 5" -- Common abbreviation of European title
- "ワールドサッカー ウイニングイレブン9 ユビキタスエボリューション" -- Japanese PSP spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Pro Evolution Soccer / Winning Eleven series
- PSP Platinum Range releases
There are no reviews for the Xbox release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|XBox Front||Nov 15, 2005||92 out of 100||92|
|Gamesmania.de||Oct 19, 2005||91 out of 100||91|
|Play.tm||Oct 21, 2005||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||Feb 13, 2006||90|
|AceGamez||2005||9 out of 10||90|
|4Players.de||Oct 19, 2005||90 out of 100||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 20, 2005||18 out of 20||90|
|Extreme Gamer||Feb 22, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Game Informer Magazine||Feb, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|IC-Games||Nov 03, 2005||84 out of 100||84|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MultiplayerThis is the first version of PES for the PlayStation 2 to feature on-line play.
- 2005 – Best Sports Game of the Year
- 2006 – #4 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2006 – Best Backwards Compatible Addition for 360 of the Year
- 2006 – Best Cross-Compatability With PS2 (PSP)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2006 - #1 Sports/Racing Game in 2005
- Issue 02/2006 - #3 Best Game in 2005
- Issue 04/2006 - #5 Sports/Racing Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Going for Goal (Konami's online soccer game quiz, launched together with Pro Evolution Soccer 5.)
- PES5 | Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Official game website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.