Not an American user?
DescriptionBlazing Angels is an air combat arcade game putting the player at the command of a fighter squadron in the Second World War. It's a pick-up-and-play type of game, with easy-to-grasp controls and an almost non existent learning curve.
The action covers the most important moments of the WWII, from the Battle for England to the bombing raids over Berlin, but also warps a bit the history to make for some entertaining if fictitious moments (i.e. you get to fly over Normandy on D-Day, save the day at Pearl Harbor, etc). The gameplay is quite varied, with about 18 flyable planes during the SP campaign (fighters, recon planes, dive, torpedo and level bombers) and diverse tasks and locations that prevent the game from being overly repetitive, despite a general dogfighting approach. The basic squadron command system and the specific abilities of the wingmen lend a bit of a tactical flavor to the game.
There are a dozen multiplayer game modes available: solo (Dogfight, Seek and Destroy & Aces High), co-op (Dogfight, Onslaught, Bombing Run, Kamikaze and Historical Missions) and squad-based (Dogfight, Capture the Base, Bombing Run and Kamikaze).
- "熾焰飛將" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "炽天使：二战空骑兵" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Ангелы Смерти: Асы Второй Мировой" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: A6M Zero
- Aircraft: B-17 Flying Fortress
- Aircraft: F4F Wildcat
- Aircraft: F4U Corsair
- Aircraft: F6F Hellcat
- Aircraft: Focke-Wulf Fw 190
- Aircraft: Hawker Hurricane
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 109
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Bf 110
- Aircraft: Messerschmitt Me 262
- Aircraft: P-47 Thunderbolt
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
- Blazing Angels series
- Middleware: DemonWare
There are no reviews for this game.
|videospiele.com||Apr 06, 2006||84 out of 100||84|
|games xtreme||May 08, 2006||8.4 out of 10||84|
|UOL Jogos||Apr 18, 2006||80|
|Digital Press - Classic Video Games||Apr 16, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Gamesmania.de||Apr 12, 2006||76 out of 100||76|
|Deaf Gamers||2006||7.3 out of 10||73|
|TalkXbox||Apr 20, 2006||7.2 out of 10||72|
|IGN||Mar 23, 2006||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Extreme Gamer||Mar 17, 2006||6.5 out of 10||65|
|XboxAchievements||Nov 20, 2007||44 out of 100||44|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Aug 22, 2015
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Official game website)
- Wikipedia: Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Information about Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII at Wikipedia)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Blazing Angels.)
Eduard Pandele (32) added Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (Xbox 360) on Apr 19, 2006
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.