🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > Habemus Missingm Linkem!

Slug Camargo (583) on 10/18/2011 12:30 AM · Permalink · Report

So it's been a while since we don't talk about Human Revolution anymore, so how about we resume that with the help of this here piece of DLC?

At $15 it is kinda steep for DLC standards, but then it's said to provide about 4 hours of extra gameplay, a bunch of sidequests, all the variety we're used to by now and a boss fight that actually plays like we would have wanted them in the main game!

So go get it already and let's discuss it a bit, eh?

Adzuken (836) on 10/18/2011 12:44 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not a big enough fan of the game to plunk down $15 on DLC that sounds bad on paper. However, prejudgements aside, I'll be interested to hear the thoughts of fellow Mobygamers.

BurningStickMan (17916) on 10/18/2011 1:31 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Seemed like a weak shoehorn to me. For those who don't know, the DLC takes place as Jensen stows away on a boat. In the game proper, he hops into a cryotube, black out as the tube seals, then we rejoin him leaving said tube in his new location.

So yes, days pass and it's a space for a new narrative. But I'd love to see how they explain him leaving the cryotube, farting around on the ship for four hours, and then returning to his tube. He's all tuckered out after taking over the ship and needs a nap?