šŸ³ Moby v2024.04.07

Forums > Game Forums > Two Worlds II > Has anybody played Two World 2 yet?

Jeanne (75945) on 1/31/2011 4:43 PM · Permalink · Report

I know it came out in Nov. 2010 in certain countries - Germany, France and possibly Spain & Italy. (Due out in Feb. in the UK & Ireland)

Opinions anyone?

PolloDiablo (16853) on 1/31/2011 5:52 PM · Permalink · Report

Nope, but I have bought it today, coincidentally. I did attend an official presentation about the changes and improvements over Two Worlds back in August (GamesConvention) and it sounds great to me. I must say though, I do understand many of the criticisms of the first game but to me that was not a really bad game at all and I did enjoy most of it (terrible voice acting being one of the things I did agree on).

Jeanne (75945) on 2/1/2011 9:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Mine for Windows is on its way too. Like you, I enjoyed the first one. Reminded me very much of Risen and Gothic.

Daniel Saner (3503) on 2/2/2011 4:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I liked the first one very much as well. I have played the German synchronisation of the game, which wasn't great but from what I hear far less ridiculous than the English translation, so that may be one of the reasons why in many European regions people liked the game more than people in the UK or North America.

What I liked about the game is that it is one of the few titles that play a lot to the RPG qualities of non-linearity and player freedom in a large and completely open world, rather than the "string of quests" paradigm that most newer C-RPGs follow. I think many players didn't like having to decide on their own what to do next, they would much rather have a main plot that leads them, which is not what TW was about. From the TW2 reviews I have read so far, this is exactly the direction that TW2 has takenā€”more linear, directed plot elements and fewer possibilities to get lost in the world (which, to me, was a good thing). So I am skeptical for now, I'm not sure whether I'm going to like the second one as much as I did the first one. From the sound of it, it may have made the same mistakes as Bethesda when they went from Morrowind to Oblivion.

PolloDiablo (16853) on 2/3/2011 10:02 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

I have received my Royal Edition for PS3 today. Can't wait until lunch break when I can start playing :D

-edit- Hmm no time for lunch break today... Too much work. I did unbox it though. Great stuff.

-edit a few days later- Played for half an hour today and completed most of the tutorial (at least I think I have). Combat system seems a bit on the complicated side, I don't really enjoy memorising dozens of special button combo's for blocking/countering/multi-targetting etc. But I do look forward to exploring a bit more.

Cavalary (11445) on 2/4/2011 1:18 PM · Permalink · Report

Don't exactly like what I see in reviews. And I'm not talking about the techinical issues, I never play games soon after they're released anyway so hopefully there will be time to address the more troubling of those by the time I'll get to it who knows when, but about the direction it took. Still, I'll probably try it... someday. Liked the first well enough. But since I mainly liked it just for that immense open world and the freedom you had, I don't have high hopes.