Not an American user?
DescriptionLi Xiaoyao is a young man who studies martial arts under the guidance of his aunt, an owner of an inn which is often visited by famous adventurers and heroes. Seeing those heroes, Li Xiaoyao dreams of becoming one himself. And of course, the mind of the young man is also occupied with pretty girls.
Finally his dream of becoming an adventurer comes true, but not quite in the fashion he wanted it to be. His aunt becomes gravely sick, and the only way to save her is to find a legendary medicine. During his journey to the land where he hopes to find the medicine, Li Xiaoyao meets the beautiful Zhao Ling'er, who is persecuted by ruthless enemies. The grand adventure of Li Xiaoyao's life begins.
Xianjian Qixia Zhuan is the first entry in the Chinese-made Legend of Sword and Fairy role-playing game series. The game is set in feudal China and features supernatural elements. Gameplay-wise, it is very close to Japanese RPGs. The player controls a party of heroes which he navigates through towns and maze-like dungeons, buying weapons and accessories and searching for treasure. Story progression is linear for the most part. There is no overworld in the game; however, some areas are seamlessly connected to each other and can be explored in a different order.
There are no random enemy encounters in the game: all enemies are visibly walking on the field and can sometimes be avoided. The turn-based battles are viewed from an isometric perspective. During the battles, the heroes can execute physical attacks, defend, use items, or execute special martial arts or spells unique to each character.
- "仙劍奇俠傳" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "仙剑奇侠传" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan" -- Alternate spelling
- "The Magic Sword & The Chivalrous Youngsters" -- Popular title
- "Senken Kikyouden" -- Japanese title
- "Chinese Paladin" -- Popular title
- "Chinese Love Story" -- Popular title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Brothels
- Games made into TV series
- Games with original fan translations into English
- Setting: Chinese
- Xianjian Qixia Zhuan / Legend of Sword and Fairy series
|This game almost created a new type of RPG||Windows||Fading3 (21)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaXianjian Qixia Zhuan can be roughly translated as "The Legend of Magic Sword and Wonderful Heroes".
Related Web Sites
- SDLPal (Open-source reimplementation of the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.