Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG is a surreal Japanese-style RPG set in the late '90s. After witnessing a woman vanish from an elevator with no plausible explanation, college graduate Alex gathers friendly misfits from the internet to investigate her disappearance. Alex's search for the truth leads him and his companions into a journey rife with mystery and danger... and who knows what lurks beyond the new millennium?
- Brave dungeons littered with puzzles, traps, and bizarre enemies. Yammering skulls, tortoise samurais, living stop signs... etc!
- Stay on your toes with a turn-based combat system anchored on twitchy mini-games.
- Brandish vinyl records, cameras, musical instruments and more unusual weapons. (Relax, weapons don't break.)
- Play through 30 hours of the main campaign and sidequests, rendered in a dreamlike, otherworldly graphic style that harkens back to the PSone era.
- The main story campaign features voice talents like Chris Niosi (Tales of Zestiria, Disgaea 5), Clifford Chapin (Attack on Titan, RWBY) and more.
- YIIK's eclectic electroacoustic soundtrack features contributors like Toby Fox (UnderTale), Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana) and Garoad (VA-11 Hall-A).
* NOTE: The game fully supports controller input after the Unity launcher prompt.
There are no user screenshots for this game
- "YIIK: ポストモダンRPG" -- Japanese spelling
There are no reviews for this game.
|PSX-Sense||PlayStation 4||Jan 17, 2019||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Way Too Many Games||Nintendo Switch||Jan 16, 2019||7 out of 10||70|
|Niche Gamer||Windows||Feb 11, 2019||4 out of 10||40|
|COGConnected / Canadian Online Gamers Network||Nintendo Switch||Jan 16, 2019||35 out of 100||35|
|Big Boss Battle (B3)||Windows||Feb 07, 2019||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.