DescriptionS.W.I.V. is a vertical scrolling shooter and an unofficial follow-up to Sales Curve's conversion of the side scroller Tecmo arcade game Silkworm.
One player controls a helicopter and the other a jeep, with the jeep transforming into a boat when the vehicles pass over water. As well as a host of blaster fodder the game also includes a mid-level enemy inspired by the "Goose" enemy from the earlier title Silkworm. Pieces of this enemy would fly onto the screen and assemble into one vehicle before commencing to fire at the players' vehicles. When destroyed the "goose" would drop power-ups.
There are no promo images for this game
- "SWIV" -- Alternate spelling
- "Special Weapons Interdictions Vehicles" -- Unofficial full title
- "Silkworm IV" -- Informal title
- "SilkWorm In Vertical" -- Alternative Read-out
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the ZX Spectrum release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Your Sinclair||May, 1991||90 out of 100||90|
|Crash!||Apr, 1991||83 out of 100||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #27 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Shoot-'em-ups