DescriptionShooter games are a broad action genre in which the player shoots enemies or targets as a primary gameplay mechanic. This can be from any perspective.
Dedicated console (1977)
JV 1002 is a dedicated console playing eight Pong variants and two target shooting games. The console uses the AY-3-8610...
Player is put in command of a MBT (main battle tank) in Desert Storm operation started in January 1991. There...
K2 is a futuristic third-person shooter set in space with colourful graphics. It is the sequel to K, an abstract...
In this arcade side-scrolling shooter, you are a pilot of space jet sent to infiltrate some planet, Kaeon. Your way...
Gatchaman: The Shooting is a vertical shoot 'em up based on the Japanese manga/anime with the same name (Known as...
Sharp X1 (1983)
Kagirinaki Tatakai is a vertically structured platform shooter. The player controls a character whose goal is to descend as deep...
The beginning of 21th century saw mankind descend into a new Dark Age. Ecological disasters led to rise of terrorism....
Kaitei Takara Sagashi is an arcade game set at sea. The player controls a ship and diver. The ship floats...
Commodore 64 (1984)
Kami-Kaze is a side view single screen shooter where you control a battle-cruiser of the Xenon Fleet at the top...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 96 Metroid Prime
- 96 Grand Theft Auto V
- 96 Grand Theft Auto IV
- 95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- 95 Tau Ceti: The Lost Star Colony
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Resident Evil 4
- 95 Radiant Silvergun
- 95 Half-Life
- 95 Grand Theft Auto V
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.80 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (2015)
- 4.79 Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (2016)
- 4.69 Outlaws: Handful of Missions (1997)
- 4.67 Halo: The Master Chief Collection (2014)
- 4.62 Metroid Prime Trilogy (2009)
- 4.61 Aleste 2 (1989)
- 4.59 Malice: 23rd Century Ultraconversion for Quake (1997)
- 4.57 Battlefield 1 (2016)
- 4.53 Summer Carnival '92: Recca (1992)
- 4.53 Metal Slug: Anthology (2006)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.
Shooter is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Virtual World
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction