DescriptionAlso called NVL games, "digital novels", and "choose-your-own-adventure games": games in which the story is told through text overlaid on a background representing the scene being described. The player's input is confined to periodically making choices which might affect the direction and outcome of the story. Mostly regarded as a branch of Japanese adventure, but Western examples exist as well.
The hero of this game (default name Ryouta) is a typical hentai protagonist: a male teenager who is interested only...
PS Vita (2017)
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Colorful Aquarium: My Little Mermaid is a PS2 port of a hentai PC game called Colorful Aquarium. PS2 version removes...
Ryoichi Sakaki is in an unusual predicament. His parents have sold their house and everything in it, and left to...
TurboGrafx CD (1997)
Crazy Hospital is a short unlicensed adult visual novel. The player controls a young man who feels sick and visits...
Crescendo is the sentimental tale of Ryo Sasaki, and the last few days of his high school life before graduation....
Crimsoness is a short visual novel in which you take on the role of Bakumi Moriyama. When she has three...
Early in the 21st century, a sudden shortage of energy and food caused World War III - the most devastating...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 88 Zero Escape: Volume 2 - Virtue's Last Reward
- 87 Zero Escape: Volume 2 - Virtue's Last Reward
- 87 Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
- 86 999: Nine Hours • Nine Persons • Nine Doors
- 85 Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
- 85 Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
- 82 To the Moon
- 81 Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
- 81 Finding Paradise
- 81 Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Visual Novel is part of Gameplay. This group of genres contain:
- Action RPG
- Beat 'em up / Brawler
- Board Game
- Cards / Tiles
- Casino / Gambling
- City Building / Construction Simulation
- Dating Simulation
- Falling Block Puzzle
- Game Show / Trivia / Quiz
- Graphic Adventure
- Hack and Slash
- Hidden object
- Interactive Book
- Interactive Fiction / Text Adventure
- Japanese-style Adventure
- Japanese-style RPG (JRPG)
- Life / Social Simulation
- Managerial / Business Simulation
- Martial Arts
- Massively Multiplayer
- Mental training
- Music / Rhythm
- Paddle / Pong
- Party Game
- Puzzle elements
- Quick Time Events (QTEs)
- Rail Shooter
- RPG elements
- Sandbox / Open World
- Survival Horror
- Tactical RPG
- Tactical Shooter
- Tile Matching Puzzle
- Timed Input
- Time Management
- Tower Defense
- Trading / Collectible Card
- Tricks / Stunts
- Vehicle Simulator
- Vehicular Combat Simulator
- Visual Novel
- Word Construction