Game Groups > Total War series
Total War is a series of real-time strategy war games developed by The Creative Assembly, focusing on real-life strategies of historical warfare such as battle formations, shock troops, moral degradation, army fatigue and siege strategies. Up to this point, the themes introduced are either medieval or classical/pre-classical war strategies.
Gameplay in this series (up to this point) is identifiable by certain distinctions:1. a top-down perspective political map; where the player develops structural buildings on controlled provinces to increase revenue, equip and recruit armies;
- a top-down (camera rotatable) perspective specifically for battle sessions.
Related links* The Art of Total War (article on CVG about the series' history, 27th January 2009)
- Gameplay feature: Fog of war
- Gameplay feature: Seasonal change
- Games with official modding tools
- Genre: Grand strategy
- Rome: Total War series
- Setting: Classical Greece
- Setting: Medieval Europe
- Shogun: Total War series
- Standalone expansions
- Warhammer 40,000 universe
[ Page 1 of 4 ] [ Next ]