Game Groups > Super Mario series
All Super Mario platform games, the core of the Super Mario franchise.
References to the games
The entire episode 39 of the anime comedy series Sket Dance is about a fictional Chinese clone of Super Mario Bros. (which one is not specified), played on a Fancy Yunpyuter, a parody on Family Computer (Famicom). The game is called "Super Mariko Broken" and stars Mariko, who must defeat general manager Kaimei. She also has a sister called Luigiana, seen in the beginning of the game. It begins like a typical SMB game in terms of platforming, with almost identical aesthetics and music, but later on there is even a random monster encounter that must be fought in a first-person view using JRPG-styled commands. Also stuffed in there is a 3D sequence and anime-style cutscenes (this is a cartridge we're talking about). The main characters of Sket Dance take turns playing the game, berating its convoluted controls and design. Ultimately, however, the episode is about loving kusoge (shitty games).
- Console Generation Exclusives: GameCube
- Franchise crossovers
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Game feature: Original theme song
- Gameplay feature: In-game achievements
- Genre: Hop and Bop Platformer
- Mario games
- Nintendo limited edition console bundles
- Nintendo Selects releases
- Super Smash Brothers series
[ Page 1 of 2 ] [ Next ]