Game Groups > X: Beyond the Frontier universe
The X-Universe, created by Egosoft and encompassing video games, novels, and other materials, is a fictional sci-fi world set in various space sectors. The background story involves construction of jumpgates in the 21st century and subsequent colonization of space by humans. The plot also deals with the conflict between the humans and the sentient machines who were sent by them to terraform planets, as well as various alien civilizations existing in the galaxy.
The game series opens with X: Beyond the Frontier (1999), and combines space combat simulation with exploration and space trading, in the tradition of Elite.
- Games for Windows releases
- Genre: Scrolling shoot 'em up
- Genre: Simulation - Space trading and combat
- Green Pepper releases
- Marvel licensees
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
- Physical Bonus Content: Soundtrack
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- Protagonist: Robot
- Star Wars licensees