Game Groups > The Witcher series
Created by the Polish developer CD Projekt, The Witcher (2007) and its sequels are role-playing games with action-oriented combat, based on The Witcher (Polish: Wiedźmin) series of short stories and novels written by Andrzej Sapkowski. They are set in a dark medieval fantasy world and focus on the story of a professional monster hunter ("witcher") named Geralt, and his involvement in battles, political intrigues, as well as social and racial conflicts of the world he lives in.
Geralt fights primarily with two kinds of swords: steel, which is effective against humanoid opponents, and silver, which is used against monsters. Geralt also uses spells, mostly of supportive nature, and is able to create and drink special potions to enhance his abilities. The games often prompt the player to make moral decisions, some of which influence the immediate advancement of the story, or lead to delayed consequences. The Witcher series are notable for their usage of mature themes, uncensored speech, and sexual content.
- Fantasy Creatures: Dragons
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Armor / weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Day / Night cycle
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- The Witcher licensees
- Theme: Amnesia
[ Page 1 of 2 ] [ Next ]