Game Groups > BPjS / BPjM indexed games
The following list contains games which were put on the "Index" (German indiziert) by the BPjS/BPjM, and therefore have legal restrictions in Germany on top of possible USK ratings. (Note: Since April 2003, it's known as BPjM; before that date it was known as BPjS)
It is illegal to sell or make any indexed games available to minors in Germany and it is illegal to advertise for them in any form, including putting them on store shelves or publishing reviews in gaming magazines. The games technically disappear from the public. The only way to actually buy these games is via request ("under the desk", German unter der Ladentheke).
There is, however, absolutely no law forbidding any adult to buy an indexed game listed on the so-called List A or List E (majority of entries). There are restrictions for List B indexed games as they (may) violate the German Penal Code (minority of entries). To view List B games that got banned due to excessive violence, see the Germany Criminal Code confiscations (§131: Excess Violence) game group.
BPjS/BPjM = German Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Schriften/Medien = Federal Examination Office for Youth-Endangering Publications/Media.
- This list is for all indexed games, whether they are currently on the list or were in the past. To see the status (date of adding and, if applicable, date of removal), look at the corresponding trivia entries of the games in question.
- Unless stated otherwise, the games in question are the German versions of the particular games.
- All compilations, Special Editions or other bundles containing an indexed game are automatically indexed too, but not explicitly listed here.
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Game feature: In-game screenshot capture
- Games for Windows Live releases
- Games made into movies
- Games that include a playable demo of another game
- Games with Dopefish
- Games with hidden / unlockable full games
- Games with officially released source code
- Germany Criminal Code confiscations (§131: Excess Violence)
- Visual technique / style: Digitized sprites
[ Page 1 of 9 ] [ Next ]