Game Groups > Kirby games
Kirby is a series of games in various genres (chiefly platformers) created by Masahiro Sakurai. and developed by HAL Laboratory. The titular character is a small pink spherical marshmallow-like creature who is one of the inhabitants of a world called Dream Land. One of the series' recurrent antagonists is the gluttonous King Dedede. Another character who appears in many installments is the enigmatic Meta Knight.
The core platform incarnations of the series are distinguished by their bright, colorful stages, as well as forgiving difficulty. Kirby has a unique ability to inhale air and fly as a result. He can also consume his enemies, temporarily gaining their abilities, which often must be used to overcome various obstacles and solve puzzles.
In the mid-nineties, DMA Design developed a SNES game commonly referred to as Kid Kirby. According to Mike Dailly, it had strong similarities to Bugaboo (The Flea) and was meant to be played exclusively with the SNES mouse. It was cancelled because the mouse did not sell well and also programmer Tony Colgan (who was also involved in DMA Design's cancelled game Cutiepoo) failed to solve some programming issues.
- Console Generation Exclusives: GameCube
- Console Generation Exclusives: SNES
- Console Generation Exclusives: Wii
- Console Generation Exclusives: Wii U
- Enhanced ports / Port differences
- Game feature: BGM / music player
- Gameplay feature: New Game+
- Games made into comics
- Games with game altering copy protection
- Japanese Nintendo Switch games with full English support