Game Groups > The Witcher licensees
This group includes games based on The Witcher (Polish: Wiedźmin) series of short stories and novels written by the Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. They are set in a dark medieval fantasy world and mainly focus on the adventures of Geralt of Rivia, who is a "witcher", a professional monster hunter with unnatural powers. The most notable series set in this universe are role-playing games developed by CD Projekt.
In 1996/97 there already was a game based on the franchise in the works. It was supposed to be a third-person action-adventure for PC developed by the Polish studio Metropolis Software House, but was eventually cancelled. A feature on the game with screenshots can be found on Eurogamer.
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Armor / weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Optional permadeath / permanent death
- Genre: ARTS/MOBA
- Physical Bonus Content: Making-of / behind-the-scenes footage
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- The Witcher series