Game Groups > Games with classical music
Rather than concerning itself with the traditions, methods, and styles of the European classical music, this group primarily deals with the games that feature, in one form or another, actual renditions of compositions belonging to the so-called common practice period of the European art music, most (all?) of which are available in public domain.
No original compositions, even if they mimic styles of existing composers are allowed.
No licensed modern day classical music is to be included in this group.
For the purposes of clarity, only games with either a prominent and sustained performance (no 15-second loop emanating from the ingame radio receiver) or numerous instances (Peggle) are allowed.
If the use of the composition(s) is uncredited, be sure to submit a trivia item.
We advise you not to blindly include games, featuring Beethoven/Bach/Mozart/Schubert in the credits, until you're absolutely sure that those instances are significant enough for inclusion.
Related Game Groups
- Animals: Primates (monkeys or apes)
- Character Feature: Actual person's looks and voice
- Games with downloadable official map/level editors
- Games with game altering copy protection
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Genre: Simulation - Music
- Historical conflict: American Civil War
- King Arthur / Camelot games
- Standalone expansions
- Xbox 360 Classics releases
[ Page 1 of 3 ] [ Next ]