Game Groups > Gameplay feature: Armor / weapon sets
Games with matching armor and/or weapon sets, if worn in a complete set will provide additional bonuses to the playable character(s) wearing them.
The matching armor / weapon set feature was originally introduced by the game Dungeon Hack (e.g. Lost Items of Midnight, consisting of Midnight armor, a Midnight helm, a Midnight shield, and a Midnight sword) and later re-popularized by Diablo with random armor / weapon sets, which depending on the armor / weapon (other games may include weapons and shields in the entire set) provided the player-controllable character with additional bonuses such as statistical bonus, resistances, or special abilities. This information is usually displayed through the character sheet or inventory screen.
Special sets that follow Diablo's style of armor / weapon sets are sometimes identified with a unique name color different from ordinary items (usually white) such as blue, purple, or gold. Additional information may also be provided to help the player the complete armor set [e.g. Spiked Thong (Purple) part 1 out of 2 of the Dwarven Flaming Bikini Armor Set].
- Games with that coincidentally appear to be armor /weapon sets that do not provide additional bonuses or effect, or is not reasonably seen to be an intentional feature should be excluded from this game group.
- This game group is limited to armor sets for the purpose of character protection. Games that offer matching fashionable brand designed dwarven underwear or anything remotely similar to (heaven forbid) Barbie's wardrobe or fashion-only equivalents, is not the primary intention of this game group.
An exception to the rule may be applied to games such as Fable: The Lost Chapters where armor sets do exist, however no additional bonuses are known to be provided if completed, other than additional information that it is indeed part of a collect-able armor set, sub-quest requirements that require a full armor set to succeed, and an exceptional medieval fashion sense.
- Diablo variants
- Fantasy Creatures: Dragons
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Blacksmithing
- Gameplay feature: Brothels
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill distribution
- Gameplay feature: Controllable pet companions
- Gameplay feature: Equipment quick slots
- Gameplay feature: Hunting
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory