Game Groups > Genre: Card / Tile game - Shanghai / Mahjongg solitaire
Games based on the tile-matching game first implemented in 1981 on the PLATO computer system by Brodie Lockard, commonly known as 'Shanghai' after its first home computer release by Activision in 1986.
Allegedly based on an ancient Chinese game known as "The Turtle" or "Destroy the Turtle", gameplay takes the form of removing tiles from a stack with the goal of clearing it. Tiles can only be removed in pairs that are a) identical or from the same set, b) not covered from above and c) can be freely moved to either the left or the right.
Since the original and many following implementations used tiles of the otherwise unrelated Chinese game mahjong, the game is often called 'Solitaire Mahjongg' and many variants have the word 'Mahjongg' in the title.
- Board game translations
- Concentration / Memory variants
- Console Generation Exclusives: Sega Saturn
- Eroge / Hentai games
- Genre: Board game - Battleship
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Mahjong
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Shisen-Sho / Four Rivers
- Genre: Card / Tile game - Solitaire / Patience
- Genre: Tile matching puzzle (creation)
- Genre: Tile matching puzzle (removal)
[ Page 1 of 6 ] [ Next ]